CakeVintageIt’s the last Friday of the month – time for another Freebie! Post a comment with a valid email address before 12/11c, Monday, March 1 (Can you believe it’s March already?) to be entered for a chance to win.

This week’s Freebie comes from friends right down the road in Nashville, TN.  After running the online boutique, Knobstoppers, for a few years, Robbie and Angie decided they need to expand beyond vintage bottle-stoppers and include a wider range of items – enter Cake Vintage. They’ve taken the retro style of Knobstoppers and applied it to the whole house, with charming place mats, an eclectic silverware collection and custom lighting fixtures made from salvaged silverware and door plates.

Up this week is a pack of items from their Kitchen & Home collection: two notepad sets (their Cake set, which includes a vintage butter knife, and their Kitchen Notes with a vintage spoon). On top of that, you’ll get both of their paper place mat pads, perfect for spring teas or casual suppers.

CakeVintagePlacemats

This week we want to know: Where do you typically eat dinner? Not those more formal nights when you have friends over and break out the good china, but your average Tuesday night. Does your family sit down at the table and eat together, or are you on the couch in front of the TV?  You have until 12/11c on Monday to answer.  Click here for the official rules.

Freebies

1. Lauren Gardiner says:

We eat at this island as well….

2. s_g says:

At the counter with my partner, fending off the cats and dog somewhat unsuccessfully…

3. Kate says:

My finace and I eat on the couch, typically.

4. Get better?? How can you improve on a bacon mustache???? :) I hope it gets better, our evenings of dinner, homework, clean up, baths, etc. seems so overwhelming some days.

5. We eat dinner every night at the table in our eat in kitchen. With three kids I need the floor under them to be something I can mop :)

6. Carole Ann says:

We grew up sitting and eating breakfast, lunch and dinner at the dining room table. My mother insisted on it. Now my children are grown and my kitchen/dining table is being used as a sewing table, so guess I fit into that couch potato category.

7. tymegoesby says:

I am soo glad I am not the only one with an insane schedule. We eat in the living room a lot. Unfortunately, the kitchen table always has all of today's 'stuff'' on it. The dining room was taken over shortly after we moved in almost 10 years ago by our antiques/collectibles business.
    I really do miss the good ol' days when we all sat together and discussed our day while having dinner (we called it 'supper').
    I find it sad that more people do not eat at the family table anymore but my husband and I are both physically challenged so the hard, wooden chairs are not the most comfortable. I do not get home from work until about 7:30pm three nights a week so that means my 11 1/2 year old daughter must eat before that. I know ~ excuses, excuses.
    This really got me thinking, though. I am going to see if we can start with just ONE night a week ~ we'll eat together, leisurely and enjoy each other's company.
    Love to read all your comments.
    Sue (-:

8. tymegoesby says:

LOVE the Cake Vintage website ~ how creative ! (-:

• HGTV shows you how to repurpose a paint color swatch into a