CakeVintageIt’s the last Friday of the month – time for another Freebie! Post a comment with a valid email address before 12/11c, Monday, March 1 (Can you believe it’s March already?) to be entered for a chance to win.

This week’s Freebie comes from friends right down the road in Nashville, TN.  After running the online boutique, Knobstoppers, for a few years, Robbie and Angie decided they need to expand beyond vintage bottle-stoppers and include a wider range of items – enter Cake Vintage. They’ve taken the retro style of Knobstoppers and applied it to the whole house, with charming place mats, an eclectic silverware collection and custom lighting fixtures made from salvaged silverware and door plates.

Up this week is a pack of items from their Kitchen & Home collection: two notepad sets (their Cake set, which includes a vintage butter knife, and their Kitchen Notes with a vintage spoon). On top of that, you’ll get both of their paper place mat pads, perfect for spring teas or casual suppers.

CakeVintagePlacemats

This week we want to know: Where do you typically eat dinner? Not those more formal nights when you have friends over and break out the good china, but your average Tuesday night. Does your family sit down at the table and eat together, or are you on the couch in front of the TV?  You have until 12/11c on Monday to answer.  Click here for the official rules.

Freebies

1. Carolyn says:

My fiance & I eat at the dining room table while our carnivorous cat circles us like a shark. Mostly we just see the tip of her tail, like some ominous dorsal fin from the sea. We don't even (barely) feed her from the table, she just has a very strong hunting instinct.

2. Carol Cole says:

My family consists of my 15 year old son, my husband and myself. Typically we have everyday dinners in our kitchen/ dining room combo. We try to keep my family from eating in front of the TV as much as possible so that we can have some 'real' conversations. We do pretty well.

3. Harley962 says:

On Tuesdays we eat 'catch-as-catch-can'. It is Scout night and we are usually in a hurry to eat and run!

4. Mandiy Fontana says:

I am currently living with my parents in my childhood home along with four other women ages 20 to 40+ whom rent rooms in our home. Regardless of if we are all eating different meals or not, my mother, one or all four renters and myself can be found chatting, laughing and watching some television in our living room. We may not share a table, be eating the same home cooked meal or be related but somehow we become a family sharing a nice meal together. It is our own versio of sitting down for a family meal.

5. Laura Jane thompson says:

My husband and I eat as soon as he gets home from work. We park ourselves in front of the television and eat on TV trays for the most part, and we're usually watching reruns of "Two and a Half Men" that we record on the DVR. On Fridays during the season, we watch Thursday's episode of "Burn Notice" instead. We're terribly predictable.

6. herbie1975 says:

We usually eat at a small table off of our kitchen. It is really convenient-has a backyard view and we can see the TV from our family room, fireplace off to the side

7. jmick7493 says:

Our family of 5 always eats at the kitchen table…even if we are having a quick dinner because we are running off to softball, gymnastics, or basketball. We do not have a tv in the kitchen so dinner time is our time to talk about our day at work and school. Our 7 month year old sits in his highchair at the head of the table near me and my husband so that he gets fed his fruit or vegetables and always is the laugh maker.

8. KelseyLindon says:

The unfortunate thing about a studio is the dining room is the living room. So I either turn on an episode of some silly tv show or play some music.

9. LynnCoggin says:

Average Tuesday night, we are in the kitchen at the table. We are taking turns going around the table answering this question…"What was your favorite part of the day?"

Our kids tease me because my answer is the same every night…"Right now."
    ;)

Living the Dream!

10. Ada says:

We have no set rule,being retired and both (60's) The dining room table is never used. There's the kitchen
    bar or TV tray's watching HGTV.

• DIY No Carve Lace & Glitter Pumpkins - HGTV Handmade