CakeVintageIt’s the last Friday of the month – time for another Freebie! Post a comment with a valid email address before 12/11c, Monday, March 1 (Can you believe it’s March already?) to be entered for a chance to win.

This week’s Freebie comes from friends right down the road in Nashville, TN.  After running the online boutique, Knobstoppers, for a few years, Robbie and Angie decided they need to expand beyond vintage bottle-stoppers and include a wider range of items – enter Cake Vintage. They’ve taken the retro style of Knobstoppers and applied it to the whole house, with charming place mats, an eclectic silverware collection and custom lighting fixtures made from salvaged silverware and door plates.

Up this week is a pack of items from their Kitchen & Home collection: two notepad sets (their Cake set, which includes a vintage butter knife, and their Kitchen Notes with a vintage spoon). On top of that, you’ll get both of their paper place mat pads, perfect for spring teas or casual suppers.

CakeVintagePlacemats

This week we want to know: Where do you typically eat dinner? Not those more formal nights when you have friends over and break out the good china, but your average Tuesday night. Does your family sit down at the table and eat together, or are you on the couch in front of the TV?  You have until 12/11c on Monday to answer.  Click here for the official rules.

Freebies

1. wendy says:

We eat together several times per week. I love the paper placemats, beatiful and easy. So different….loves it!

2. Terry says:

My Family usually has dinner every night in our dining room. The week is hectic and it is good to just
    sit down and have a conversation to catch up on what's going on with everyone. It is also just good to have a casual home cooked dinner every night to settle us all down. NO FAST FOOD FOR OUR FAMILY! I am so lucky to be able to be a stay at home mom to make this possible for everyone.

3. Jenn says:

Cake!!!

4. sherrylawson says:

My husband and I either eat at the bar in the kitchen or in front of the TV watching HGTV, usually a real estate show, House Hunters or something like that.

5. ChadP.. we always sit at the table because of the views and this is our time to catch up on the day!! We love to hear about each others day and if someone is having a bad day, we will cheer them up with a fun game afterwards…. If it is our son's choice it will be on the Wii, my Husband it will be Star Wars Monopoly and for me it will be Cranium. If all is well, we will watch a movie together and then read a book with our son!! Love the creativity from Robbie and Angie @Knobstoppers!!! Thanks for sharing CHAD!! Love life by living green and having a dream!!

6. Linda Woody says:

Since it's just me and my husband, (in our early 50's) we eat in the living room with our lap trays and watch some TV. If my husband's not eating with me I always have on HGTV…

7. Yury says:

I eat dinner at the coffee table. Boo. But I do use placemats!

8. bmw7 says:

LOVE EATING, WHILE IN BED. QUIET WITH THE TELLI ON LOW. USUALLY WATCHING HGTV. IT'S PEACEFUL.

9. Lauren Gardiner says:

With the help of Lowes and Home Depots kitchen design software (very cool), I brought my sketch of our new dream kitchen to life. Well, our new kitchen is all done now and I have made a serious mistake in design….
    I created a granite bar that overlooks the cooktop/island. NOW, my husband sits on the stool while I cook every night and says, "ARE YOU GOING TO PUT THAT IN? WELL, I WONT EAT IT!"
    For 25 years, I have been cooking for him and NOW he questions my ingredients!!!! HELP!

• Throw an oh-so-fun and not-so-scary cupcake decorating

• Send Halloween guests home with an adorable custom party