CakeVintageIt’s the last Friday of the month – time for another Freebie! Post a comment with a valid email address before 12/11c, Monday, March 1 (Can you believe it’s March already?) to be entered for a chance to win.

This week’s Freebie comes from friends right down the road in Nashville, TN.  After running the online boutique, Knobstoppers, for a few years, Robbie and Angie decided they need to expand beyond vintage bottle-stoppers and include a wider range of items – enter Cake Vintage. They’ve taken the retro style of Knobstoppers and applied it to the whole house, with charming place mats, an eclectic silverware collection and custom lighting fixtures made from salvaged silverware and door plates.

Up this week is a pack of items from their Kitchen & Home collection: two notepad sets (their Cake set, which includes a vintage butter knife, and their Kitchen Notes with a vintage spoon). On top of that, you’ll get both of their paper place mat pads, perfect for spring teas or casual suppers.

CakeVintagePlacemats

This week we want to know: Where do you typically eat dinner? Not those more formal nights when you have friends over and break out the good china, but your average Tuesday night. Does your family sit down at the table and eat together, or are you on the couch in front of the TV?  You have until 12/11c on Monday to answer.  Click here for the official rules.

Freebies

1. Maggie says:

My husband and I typically sit on the couch and watch TV while we eat…but we always make a point to eat together. I think once we have a more formal dining room, we'll make the time to sit at the table…a cramped apartment isn't a real motivator for a sit down dinner :)

2. JoAnn Gallimore says:

It is so important for families to at least have one meal where they gather at the table and have a meal together. It's a time of sharing about their day and the ups and downs of it. It's a way to stay connected. This is especially important when your children get to be teenagers. Establish the standard early, then when the teenage years come, hopefully they'll look forward to. In the morning we gather together and eat breakfast at the breakfast bar. For dinner our family eats at the kitchen table every evening, except on rare occasions.

3. Jane says:

We always eat at the dinning table. Place settings are always put out properly (Napkins and forks on the left, knife and spoon on the right). My table is always set up the way it should be. I suppose it's from being taught that is how you set your table ALWAYS (my grandmother was very Victorian and always very proper). Besides if the table is set properly every time then you don't have to keep getting up to go get something else. Dinner is our one meal to be together so why not make it nice and enjoyable, it's just me and my husband now so I always try to make dinner a special time for us.

4. Claire Carroll says:

Our kitchen table usually has a craft or work project on it . We may also eat on island or on the couch.

5. Sherry says:

My hubby and I usually eat at the kitchen table while watching our favorite show, King of Queens. We don't have fancy china, just everyday dinnerware. On lazy days when our table is full of mail and other junk, we'll whip out the snack trays and off to the living room we go!

6. Susie Hudson says:

We've been a 3 generation family living together for almost 4 yrs. Before daughter and her husband started having babies I have to admit we did eat in front of the tv. Now that their 2 girls are 3 and 1 1/2 we have been very good eating in the dining room. We don't have a kitchen table just 2 bar stools at the kitchen bar/counter.

It's nice you have a give a way.

7. Cassie Cordero says:

We typically eat at the table with cloth napkins (save a tree) and make the most of our time together whether we are have a special dinner or take out…it's all about the experience, and if the kids learn manners they will never have to worry, or be concerned about getting "up to speed" when they get older.

8. I usually eat on the couch while watching TV. jessicacot@comcast.net

9. Trinette says:

Since we have kids, we have to eat at the kitchen table…the kids would have food everywhere if not…Before the kids, my husband and I would eat in front of the tv.

10. Cindy Z says:

Normally on a Tuesday one of my boys is going to a Boy Scout troop meeting so that means grabbing something quick and eating while watching the news and then leaving.

• Fall doesn't have to have the traditional, muted feel we

• How to build a DIY industrial-rustic coffee table

• Giving new meaning to the phrase, 'working like a dog,'

• Honor your pup's inner goofball with an easy Halloween