design-happens-grandin-road-birdsI’m so glad it’s Friday. If I had a neon TGIF sign, I’d hang it on my cube wall.

This will make you glad it’s Friday, too: You could win a $25 gift certificate from Grandin Road. We love their home decor, especially their spring-inspired goodies like these sweet little birds. Check out this slide show to see more of their chic accessories.

To enter for a chance to win, answer this week’s question before 12/11c, Monday, March 15. Be sure to provide a valid email address so we can contact you if you win.

This week we want to know: What’s your favorite thing about spring? The possibility of putting away your winter coat? Seeing the first flowers? Giving the house a good cleaning? You have until 12/11c on Monday to answer. Click here for the official rules.

Freebies

1. Danni says:

My favorite thing about spring is that my birthday kicks it off on March 20 (this year is 25… eek!). Perfect weather in celebration of a new year!

2. lamuril says:

My favorite thing about spring is the sunshine. Especially here in Seattle. The winter months are grey and depressing. We never see the sun from November to late February. That first day when the sun streams through the clouds everyone in Seattle looks up and stops what they're doing. It becomes the topic of conversation and there's an unspoken excitement that fills the air as thoughts of sunbathing (with goosebumps) and swimming in Lake Washington entertain everyone.

3. lilmusicmama says:

I'm so excited about the return of Spring! That means when I wake up in the morning to bring my son to school, we won't spend a good 20 minutes waiting for the car to warm up. We can just get up and go!

4. angie says:

the best thing about spring is getting some more daylight hours.

5. Laura Stewart says:

i love walking my dog in the nice weather

6. Lisa Carroll says:

My beloved grandmother's birthday is in April, and spring has always reminded me of her. Last spring she passed away. Shortly afterwards, a pair of mourning doves came and nested in the hanging planter on my front porch, the week of her birthday, and laid two eggs! Later that spring, we had our first baby doves. I named them Hope and Grace. It was a beautiful way of honoring my grandmother's memory, I felt as if God had sent the doves to remind me that spring was not meant to be a time for me to be sad. I have been looking forward to spring this year again, and am hanging another basket of flowers in hopes that my doves will return and give me another comforting sign.

7. Debbie says:

What I love about Spring is that the days are longer and when my husband gets home from work it is still light outside. This allows me to have an evening honey do list and you can't use the excuse that it is night and time to go to bed. Remember there is no football in Spring!

8. Jennifer H says:

My favorite thing about spring is not having to fight with my 2 year old about how she must wear her coat outside because it is too cold. I also love how everything is bright, flowers, clothes, colors. All of the dark colors are going away and it is time for green, yellow and bright blue.

9. Margaret Brady says:

I love to see spring, the bright sunshine each morning shining through the bedroom window.
    It inspires me to get up and out. What I love most is getting the kids outside, no playstation, tv or facebook.
    They love to have some jobs allocated and they love to clean up their outside play areas in preparation of the days ahead. Helping me with the yard and planting those bulbs to watch them pop through the ground and say that's mine, look what I did. And best of all with all this work is when they go to bed at night, they sleeeeepppp real good. Their bikes are always the shiniest on the block ready for the road. Now thats Spring!

10. CJoy says:

Spring is a reminder to me, that all things can become as new. The first tree buds, the birds begin to seek out new nesting places, my flowers starting to poke their crowns up through the still cold earth. The wonderful feel of sun after a long gray winter.