design-happens-grandin-road-birdsI’m so glad it’s Friday. If I had a neon TGIF sign, I’d hang it on my cube wall.

This will make you glad it’s Friday, too: You could win a $25 gift certificate from Grandin Road. We love their home decor, especially their spring-inspired goodies like these sweet little birds. Check out this slide show to see more of their chic accessories.

To enter for a chance to win, answer this week’s question before 12/11c, Monday, March 15. Be sure to provide a valid email address so we can contact you if you win.

This week we want to know: What’s your favorite thing about spring? The possibility of putting away your winter coat? Seeing the first flowers? Giving the house a good cleaning? You have until 12/11c on Monday to answer. Click here for the official rules.

Freebies

1. Rebecca says:

My favorite thing about spring is the excitement in the possibilities of things to come. Spring rejuvenates me, gives me a feeling of rebirth in my very soul. I love the surprising days of sunshine that pop up in between rainy days and the flowers beginning to bloom. Spring is when I truly start to feel the new year begin and the anticipation of summer keeps that bounce in my step.

2. Marius says:

A new generation of forest critters wake up and play in our back yard.

3. Peggy says:

I love the renewal that spring brings. Green is emerging and the daffodils are blooming. It's a season of rebirth and a time to focus on the risen Christ.

4. amanda finn says:

The best thing about spring is the smell of the fresh air and the warmth of the sun when you're outside. Everything is new and fresh.

5. Lis says:

There's nothing like that first morning I can get up and take the dog out without bundling up; the sky is starting to ooze those vibrant sunrise colors, the sweet songs of the birds waking up serenades me, the air may still be a little crisp but it just feels clean as I take it all in. For that moment it doesn't matter I have waiting for me the rest of the day, life is good.

6. Denise Duran says:

My favorite thing about Spring is the long awaited arrival of my pair of Blue Birds. I have a pair of Blue Birds that started nesting at my home in Newman Lake Wa. Every year the pair would return to the same spot at my bedroom balcony. I watched the pair raise several little baby Blue Birds. I always have fat meal worms waiting in a dish on my bedroom balcony by the slider door. Every morning they would wake me while I lie in bed with their little chirpping voice wanting to eat. When the babies were old enoungh they would come and sit in the dish also. I would pray for their safe return after the harsh winter months. I knew it was my pair because they knew to look into my room from the balcony and sing to me. What a great feeling to hear their song upon the arrival of Spring.

7. Jasmin Torres says:

I love the sight of flowers blooming and neighbors coming outside riding their bikes or taking walks. I also love the chance to open the windows and feel a nice breeze come in, with bright sunlight shining throughout the house. I also love that I can go out and take a nice walk with my 9 month old son and he can experience his outdoor surroundings, as well as taking him to the park to play.

8. PatMath says:

Living in the beautiful state of Washington I love to see the flocks of Canadian and Snow geese returning to their northern nesting grounds! A definite sign that sunshine and warmer days are on the way! The winters are cold and wet here. I'm ready for sandals without wool socks!

9. Lori says:

New buds on my willow tree, the beautiful clear blue sky, vibrant flowers blooming, baby birds chirping, Easter Sunday celebration and the warmth of sunny days are a few of my favorite things of spring!

10. rangie says:

The best part of spring is more sunlight. Longer days were missed all winter.