design-happens-grandin-road-birdsI’m so glad it’s Friday. If I had a neon TGIF sign, I’d hang it on my cube wall.

This will make you glad it’s Friday, too: You could win a $25 gift certificate from Grandin Road. We love their home decor, especially their spring-inspired goodies like these sweet little birds. Check out this slide show to see more of their chic accessories.

To enter for a chance to win, answer this week’s question before 12/11c, Monday, March 15. Be sure to provide a valid email address so we can contact you if you win.

This week we want to know: What’s your favorite thing about spring? The possibility of putting away your winter coat? Seeing the first flowers? Giving the house a good cleaning? You have until 12/11c on Monday to answer. Click here for the official rules.

Freebies

1. Amy says:

The best thing about spring is EVERYTHING! I love the dirt and mud, the sunshine, the flowers, the colors, the MELTING SNOW… especially in northern Michigan.

2. Sandra Grauschopf says:

My favorite part of spring is that feeling in the air, like the whole world's starting to wake from a long slumber. The birds are chirping as they build their nests, the flowers are bursting from their underground winter homes, and the sun is sleepily blinking its eyes as it beams beneficently down on all.

3. Emily M. says:

My first day of spring was the best yet this year! I got to take my 15 month old son outside with me. He noticed the things I sometimes take for granted. As I was raking the flowerbeds he was chasing our dog, when he heard the birds and started imitating them. He found his first mud puddle to stomp through and was delighted to help pick up the twigs and weeds I was cleaning out. At this time of year, in Michigan, the nice Spring days are still far and few between. I can hardly wait to plant our garden and flowers so he gets to dig in the dirt.

4. Denise says:

The smell of fresh cut grash mixed with lilacs has to be in the top of my favs. Knowing that we are a few weeks away from our martins return is a real treat.

5. Jeremy says:

That 1st Morning breeze of aromatic earth and fresshness, accompanied with the twitter of new life from the birds and the intermittent buzzing of an unknown pest in the air. Winter Coats…Be Gone with thee until the next frosty chill of Winter bites again. Oh how the budding of hints of Color, to be, enlighten the spirit and beckon of vibrant and aromatic times to unfold with each blossom. Those musty odors of corners unkempt, curtains needing freshened and the dull streaked windows awaiting a fresh washing, hint of a weeks worth of unfolding, uncurling, rearranging and the common chores of Housecleaning amount to …Alas Spring is upon Us…So long chilly dreary days of Winter…

6. Brenda says:

My favorite thing about spring is having our neighborhood come alive again, meaning the neighbors taking walks and just catching up and visiting after a long winter. I also love the rain, and the coming alive of everything green.

7. Jenna says:

TULIPS!!!

8. Joyce says:

My favorite thing about spring this year after a long, cold, snowy winter will be opening the windows and letting in that great smell of spring while dancing around the house to happy music. Then I will go outside and examine all the new growth.

9. rae says:

Spring is the rebirth of buds and blooms that warm the heart and bring God's wonderful work to all of us with color, warmth and grace.

10. Alexandria F-N says:

The whole world is new in Spring! It's like a fresh start. Yesterday morning, I awoke to the sound of birds singing for the first time in months—and my first thought was, "Spring, finally!" I jumped out of bed with energy that I hadn't felt for ages, grabbed Honey, our golden retriever, and ran outside for a morning walk. I had to laugh out loud, watching her put her nose up in the air, sniffing the cool but fresh breeze of Spring. The crocus peeping out of the sleeping flower beds were like a greeting from an old friend.