HGTV and Heather Armstrong (@HGTVHeather) invite you to our first “Watch with Heather” Twitter Party! We’ll be tweeting during the series premiere of Home Rules. Join us at #watchHGTV from 9-10pm EST for all the fun. You can also watch the party unfold on our Twitter widget, which will refresh with the 4 most recent tweets throughout the night:

new TWTR.Widget({
hashtags: true,
timestamp: true,
avatars: false,
behavior: ‘all’
}
}).render().setUser(‘HGTVHeather’).start();

To make comments and/or replies, please follow @HGTVHeather and include #watchHGTV in your tweet.

HGTV On-Air

1. Tracie says:

This show sucks. A bunch of spoiled rich people actually pay a bill or two and get a home make over. OMG! This is the worst show HGTV has ever put together.

2. Boyd says:

What a terrible show! The show needs to address the financials first BEFORE any home improvements. I would like to see more focus on budgeting and advising viewers to not live beyond their means. Financial communication is very important between married people. Again, I am judging my observation on what was presented on TV.

• Elizabeth says:

I respectfully disagree about the way the financial issues were handled on the show. There are plenty of programs out there dealing with financing & budgeting — Howard Clark, Suze Orman, even Oprah on occasion. anyway, I think because the show aired on HGTV it should focus on home improvements. That's what I tune in for.

3. 3AcresDesign says:

"Lions and Tigers and Bears and Life Coaches and Mommy Bloggers" Oh my! Um Doesn't this belong on TLC?

4. Mickey says:

I think this show really missed the boat. The editing was so heavy handed toward the "life coaching" end of things and competely left the design behind. If I wanted to watch a show about money issues or family issues I would watch Suzi Orman. I watch HGTV for shows about home and decorating. I think that if they would cut back on the whining homeowners and the "life coach" a bit, and show some of the design tricks and let the guy at least talk or maybe be the one to reveal the rooms it would help. Is it just me or did Fran Harris look like she hated every minute of this? I don't think she cracked a smile once. And maybe I just FF through the things, but the only "rules" that were given were to the poor overworked husband. The show could be good, but let's get back to DESIGN which is what made the network a success in the first place!

• elizabeth says:

I don't think the show totally missed the boat. I'll definitely tun in again, BUT I totally agree with the money issue portion of your comment.
      And amen … DESIGN is what made the network a success in the first place.

5. Disgusted says:

This show had my blood boiling. Seriously, they could not find a more deserving family than these spoiled, unappreciative brats?! What exactly qualified them for a home makeover? Living beyond their means by having a spoiled princess of a daughter in private school and ice skating lessons, while the rest of the kids don't even have decent beds to sleep in? And the mom hasn't even lifted a finger to get a job! There are good families out there who are working hard and sacrificing to provide for all their children equally. I can think of 10 right in my neighborhood who would be a zillion times more deserving than this horrible family! Terrible show! Really turned me off to HGTV who is clearly way out of touch with the average american family.

6. Paula says:

Isn't this basically TLC's "Clean House?"

7. Kristina says:

Full Disclosure: I didn't watch the show … but based on the comments alone, it sounds like this show could benefit from a reality check. Right now, people are looking for ways to save … so if this show is indulging overindulgent families, I think it's missing what people are looking for RIGHT NOW. I want to see a show that incorporates real families who are doing their best to get by. They want a nice home, but don't have the time/money to do it … design that!

8. Carole Ann says:

I did watch the show ONCE! That was enough.HGTV, you really are messing with your programing. Keep it simple and the same.

9. i keep seeing her tweets, but i keep missing the shows…