chalkboard-frame_DH031210Chalkboards aren’t just for schoolrooms anymore. Here are some of our favorite examples of chic, functional chalkboard decor.

We love this magnetic chalkboard made from an old mirror. Make your own by layering several coats of magnetic chalkboard paint directly on an old (or a new) mirror. Paint the frame for a fresh, finished look.

Jazz up a chalkboard using a stencil like the one on this fabulous pantry door.

Seeing this beautiful to-do list makes me want to convert an old door with chalkboard paint. Look for a door that has some character but is intact. Prime the area to be painted and then apply chalkboard paint. Lean the door against a wall for a casual feel.

Chalkboards don’t have to be black. Check out the rainbow of hues available in colored chalkboard paint. Design Sponge shows some cute ideas for using chalkboard paint on a serving tray and as a jar label.

Transform a hand-me-down nightstand into an adorable piece of furniture perfect for a child. Make bedtime extra special with a love note from mom.

Walls covered in chalkboard paint are popular projects. Before you make one, though, read these tips on working with this type of paint.

1. Trish says:

I love, love, love this! My dear friend painted one wall in her home with chalk board paint. So very cool. She uses it to write messages to her kids, greetings for guests, grocery lists, the dinner menu, etc. It's a very cool idea. Modern and clean, but arty and hip.

2. Laura says:

I love this idea. I recently attempted magnetic paint in my kitchen, but am considering an upgrade with chalkboard paint tinted in different shades in a checkerboard:

Laura
    <a href="http://www.oliveandlove.com” target=”_blank”>www.oliveandlove.com

3. polardkevin says:

Decorating chalkboard in such a wonderful manner is really a great thing. Its an innovative idea to actually work on such wonderful things. I am glad to know about thus idea.

Hotel near dulles airport

4. SeaJay says:

I paint custom chalkboards for home decor, weddings and special events: http://www.customchalk.com

5. Gilda says:

Thank you for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your further post thank you once again.

6. If you are going for finest contents like me, just visit this website everyday because it provides feature contents, thanks

7. Lapeyrouse says:

Your style is really unique compared to other people I’ve read stuff from. Many thanks for posting when you’ve got the opportunity, Guess I will just book mark this blog.

8. Dimauro says:

Now i am able to receive all the offerings from swtor :D