design-happens-coral-chandelier400x490 From House of Turquoise

Spring has sprung in our neck of the woods and I’ve been inspired by the clean and organic images popping up all over the blog world. Let’s purge our homes of dark, winter decor and start anew with crisp, white bedding; fresh flowers; and natural, oceanic decor. Read on for this week’s inspirations:

To me, there’s nothing worse than nautical style gone awry. Palm tree accessories makes me nauseous and the thought of a fish-themed tablecloth makes me cringe. When I saw the picture above, I couldn’t believe my eyes. Oceanic decor that doesn’t scream “Ahoy, matey!” — is this a dream? Yes, you can incorporate your love for the beach without looking tacky or themed. The secret is to add natural elements from the sea to your existing style. My personal favorite is coral:

design-happens-coral -dinner- ware400x400From Diane James Home

design-happens-coral-deco449x430From Get Togetha

design-happens-sea-urchin-vases420x295From Hostess with the Mostess

Sometimes, we can get quite carried away with color. Red walls, blue sofas and yellow bedding can all be a little hectic. Crisp, white bedding is truly a breath of fresh air in an over-styled and over-colored world. White linens are versatile and can be dressed up or down as you please. Here are some of my favorite looks:

design-happens-white-bedding-tan-walls400x305From Interior Design Styles

design-happens-white-bedding-black-pillows460x360From Gaita Interiors

design-happens-white-room488x369From Shabby Chick

design-happens-white-quilt378x383From Apartment Therapy

What cheers up my day more than a bouquet of fresh flowers? Quite frankly, nothing! Bring some sprintime joy to your home or office with these lovely images:

design-happens-floral-teapot414x290From Homemaking Cottage

design-happens-gladiolas320x480From Camp Whimsy

design-happens-multiple-vases340x348
From Life Hacker

Design Inspiration

1. Lisa E. says:

The dining room is absolutely stunning – I love it! I really love white linen bedding, too, but we have pets, and the two things unfortunately don't mix well.

2. Lindsay says:

Love, love, love all the aqua & coral… so fresh & crisp….

Lindsay
    <a href="http://www.adesignstory.com” target=”_blank”>www.adesignstory.com

3. The Buzz says:

Love how coral brings a bit of summer into any decor, especially when paired with aqua.

The Buzz – Diane James Home

4. stagetecture says:

Coral is a mix of the tropics, and memories of a great vacation to the islands! Spring is here, bring on summer!

5. 3AcresDesign says:

Nothing speaks relax to me more than white on white bedding. I love to do it all year round rotating between cotton, flannel and fleece. I just went to Florida, where the hotel there did white on white with a small tropical colored "runner" at the end of the bed and coral themed throw pillows. A good white base can traverse the seasons.

6. Elin says:

I LOVE that dining room! Thanks for these great ideas and links. I think "House of Turquoise" is my new favorite website!

7. Very good site you have here but I was curious if you knew of any community forums that cover the same topics discussed in this article? I’d really like to be a part of community where I can get comments from other experienced individuals that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thank you!

8. ハウディ私はそう思い励起さ私が見つけた、あなたの | Askjeeve| | AOLの|ビンビン| GoogleのDiggに見て、私は研究していたが、事故|ミス|ブログは}、私は本当に素晴らしい {仕事、素晴らしいを維持でくださいより。
    mcm ネズミ講 http://www.mapgis.com.cn/css/mcm/20141013185954=$-~~-76sj.asp