It’s the first Friday of spring! I’ve been inspired by the daffodils peeking up through the cold ground and want to bring you some inspiration, too — literally. This week we’re giving you the chance to win a set of alphabet photography blocks from Everyday Art, which spell out “inspire.”

design-happens-freebies-everyday-art500x400

Each photo letter is available in both color and black and white, and there are four different photos for each letter. Check out a couple of options for A:

design-happens-everyday-art-a1.jpg

design-happens-everyday-art-a2.jpg

These 1/2″ blocks are made from composite material and are scratch resistant, moisture resistant and will not fade over time. What I love most about them is that the photo blocks come ready-to-mount and you can spell out anything you want, from your name to a favorite saying.

All you have to do to win is answer this week’s question before 12/11c, Monday, March 29. Be sure to provide a valid email address so we can contact you if you win.

This week we want to know: What item in your home truly inspires you? Is it a photo of a beloved family member? A statue of a religious icon? Maybe it’s a project you completed on your own that made you feel like a champion? You have until 12/11c on Monday to answer. Click here for the official rules.

Freebies

1. D Hanna says:

a small kind of 3d pic that has a hot air balloon and open sky that says "there is no time in life for launching a new dream, the perfect time to begin is always today" it's something I look at everyday, and it inspires me to be my best.

2. LaJuana says:

What item in your home truly inspires you?

Great question and I love the alphabet blocks! After more than 25 years in this house I built, it remains the unique floor plan of the house that inspires me. There's nothing "usual" about the house or decor, truly a gift of and for ones imagination.

3. Jenna says:

An original sketch by Guayasamin (a famous Ecuadorian painter). I bought it at his museum in Quito and every time I look at it it reminds me of my time in Ecuador.

4. sigmagal says:

My dining room table inspires me. I like the sleek lines and the style of the table. I always think of the kitchen table when I think of design.

5. kwallca says:

My dining room

6. Irene says:

As I go from room to room in our home, I am surrounded by the memories of trips my husband and I have taken over the last 52 years. There are the Gaudi prints from Barcelona, the Spanish tiles from Mijas-Spain, the colorful carpet from Morocco, which by the way I brought home in my suitcase. There is the quilt made to my specifications, just for me, in Wales, the little fancy vase from Gibraltar, blown for me with my favorite colors. The Welsh tartans which represent my heritage, the German family crests, which represent my husbands heritage. Each object brings back such sweet memories that will last while I live, and beyond, in the lives of our children. There are the sweet things given to me by my mother and my husband's mother to care for an be handed down to our children. It doesn't get any better than this.
    children.

7. luckycc says:

The first piece of art I ever bought inspires me. It's not a lot: a black photo of a flower printed on a canvas painted bright orange. It was the first time I've ever tried to make things in a string of rentals more homey and its brightened up those drab white rental walls ever since.

8. Sarah Y says:

I have a beautiful gold and black jester lamp with a huge gold lampshade that came from my grandmothef's living room. My husband calls it our leg lamp, but only because he doesn't understand high style.

9. Tricia says:

I am constantly inspired by my landscaping. Every spring I see things return from the dead of Winter and I am inspired to create anew and to forge forward with my life. I've chosen a lot of perennial lillies for color around my house and I love getting into the soil and dividing them and placing them in new areas. Create and Re-create. To "die" and come to life again. It keeps reminding me of the renewal of life.

• Adventures in Antiquing: Upcycling an Old Cutlery Box Into