It’s the first Friday of spring! I’ve been inspired by the daffodils peeking up through the cold ground and want to bring you some inspiration, too — literally. This week we’re giving you the chance to win a set of alphabet photography blocks from Everyday Art, which spell out “inspire.”

design-happens-freebies-everyday-art500x400

Each photo letter is available in both color and black and white, and there are four different photos for each letter. Check out a couple of options for A:

design-happens-everyday-art-a1.jpg

design-happens-everyday-art-a2.jpg

These 1/2″ blocks are made from composite material and are scratch resistant, moisture resistant and will not fade over time. What I love most about them is that the photo blocks come ready-to-mount and you can spell out anything you want, from your name to a favorite saying.

All you have to do to win is answer this week’s question before 12/11c, Monday, March 29. Be sure to provide a valid email address so we can contact you if you win.

This week we want to know: What item in your home truly inspires you? Is it a photo of a beloved family member? A statue of a religious icon? Maybe it’s a project you completed on your own that made you feel like a champion? You have until 12/11c on Monday to answer. Click here for the official rules.

Freebies

1. SandyLA says:

Here in southern California it actually is Springtime. I laughed because along one side of my house I have planted daffodiles. They are mostly up because last week was very warm. The stems are a striking green with with opened and closted petals looking up for the sun.. They are in straight rows reaching as high as they can almost struggling to see who can be the tallest. In the next area there are daylilies not quite as high but racing just as hard.The passion I feel in seeing them once again return to the spots that I chose to put them in is exilerating. They give me inspiration to find another plant to put in the ground and make more evolution happen because of something I did. It is powerful to make beauty happen and I have done it once again. Sandy

2. Elizabeth says:

I am inspired when I walk into my studio. I used to call it a craft room, but I figure it makes a much better studio than craft room. Just saying the word inspires me.

3. Sharon Norris says:

A Newsweek article and photo of my grandfather that I framed.

4. debbie says:

my inspiration or plural are the french doors. my apt was built in the twenties and has the art eco vibe that i love. most of my design style is geared to match them. they have incredible arches on top and the window panes follow the arches.

5. kwallca says:

My dining room. My house is 100 years old and has lathe and plaster walls. I spent a whole year stripping the five layers of wallpaper and then my Dad and I fixed the plaster. We added a chair rail and painted the upper half of the room the most incredible deep blue. I love it and can't wait to get started on the next room.

6. Barb Johnsen says:

My bedroom is right off of our dining room. Our dining room is painted a very pretty orange, and when I wake up in the morning, it almost glows-even if it's cloudy outside. I feel it's a "happy" home with colors that inspire that.

7. Lisa Bucklin says:

I wake up to my inspiration every day. It's a huge sun with a smiling face on it. Since I'm sun deprived in my neck of the woods, it's a nice way for me to remember the sun will eventually come out! ;~)

8. Kimberly P. says:

My fireplace and mantle. My husband and I bought our very first home in January. Each morning I sit in my living room, sip my coffee and reflect on the photos and growing collection of decor arranged on our mantle and throughout the living room. It gives me such a feeling of confidence, pride and happiness to reflect on what we've done, and gives me to motivation and inspiration to continue to move forward and strive to reach each and every one of our goals :)

9. butkus says:

What inspires me is a window that looks out to my private little forest. I can sit for hours watching the scenery change. It has inspired me to bring the outdoors in. My color palet and furnishings reflect the outdoors.

10. butkus says:

Wow! I think it is your daughter who inspires you : )

• Full of fall flavors, this farm-to-table vegetable soup is

• Host a Fall Farm-to-Table Dinner Party

• Mini white pumpkins make adorable vessels for small,

• You don't have to go over the top to bring a fall-inspired