It’s the first Friday of spring! I’ve been inspired by the daffodils peeking up through the cold ground and want to bring you some inspiration, too — literally. This week we’re giving you the chance to win a set of alphabet photography blocks from Everyday Art, which spell out “inspire.”

design-happens-freebies-everyday-art500x400

Each photo letter is available in both color and black and white, and there are four different photos for each letter. Check out a couple of options for A:

design-happens-everyday-art-a1.jpg

design-happens-everyday-art-a2.jpg

These 1/2″ blocks are made from composite material and are scratch resistant, moisture resistant and will not fade over time. What I love most about them is that the photo blocks come ready-to-mount and you can spell out anything you want, from your name to a favorite saying.

All you have to do to win is answer this week’s question before 12/11c, Monday, March 29. Be sure to provide a valid email address so we can contact you if you win.

This week we want to know: What item in your home truly inspires you? Is it a photo of a beloved family member? A statue of a religious icon? Maybe it’s a project you completed on your own that made you feel like a champion? You have until 12/11c on Monday to answer. Click here for the official rules.

Freebies

1. Crystal McGinnis says:

Wow, this seems so easy and a fun at home project! Im getting my first apartment and that would be great in my desk area!! Im a dedicated watcher of HGTV!!! I love all the ideas they have!! I love all the shows!! I want to become an interior designer!!

2. Kay Hightower says:

I'm inspired when I see something that was past its usefulness to someone else, and I take it and create something so wonderful that sometimes even the person I got it from wishes they had it back!

3. Wendy Nelmes says:

I am most inspired by a painting that was done by my son when he was three. He painted with a brush around the edges and then decided to put his hands in the paint for the rest of his masterpiece. What we ended up with is a true and pure work of art. He is now 14 and we still have his painting displayed in the family room for all to see. I am filled with joy every time I look at those little handprints and think of the sweet little boy that made them. He is now a wonderful young man that continues to fill me with joy and pride. Although, he now asks me if I am ever going to take the painting down and finds it odd that I would want to keep it within eyesight forever! = )

4. Barbara says:

A 17th Century Cedar lined hope chest with a beautiful inlaid wood floral image that my father gave me when I was a pre-teen. I'm now 57 years old and have treasured it for so many years. It brings me very sweet memories of my father AND it is beautiful.

5. Lori Baker says:

Wow–that is a hard one to answer!! There are so many inspirations for each room and season!
    Right now I am inspired by the framed bridal picture my daughter gave me last Saturday when she was married! It is beautiful and I have put it next to the picture I have of her when she was small–in her flower girl's dress–the first wedding she was in! I "saved" some of the floral decorations from the reception-I am going to add flowers in their colors and put them in a tall vase and place it on a floating shelf between the two pictures.
    I am hoping it looks like it does in my head in real life!

6. melinda says:

It is a frame that we can change out our children's artwork. It is inspires me because it reminds me to always stay in touch with the child from within. As adults, we often forget the inner child. I love it because I can change it out often and my kids think they are artists with their work on display!

7. marisol carde says:

The most Inspiration I get for all that I do.. and every moment of my life is my family.. with out them nothing matters…

8. Kelsey says:

As a graphic designer, I am often inspired by textures. In my home, I try and collect textures that bring me the most amount of joy…a beautiful fabric made into a pillow, a lithograph printed on a cream textured paper, a small wax sculpture I made for a show. In decorating my small apartment, I bounce off the inspiration of these textures. Our apartment is full of handmade pieces of art my husband and I have made, black and white film photographs, woodcuts & etchings, small sculptures. We love decorating our home with these handmade things. As poor married college students, it's usually more affordable, but they also have more meaning to us, especially since it's a time for us to be creative together.

9. Gail says:

My father carved and painted a wonderful Kachina Dancer when I was a child. I am now fortunate enough to have inherited it, and as I look around my home, I realize that this carving influenced my love of southwestern decor.

10. Leigh says:

I had a beautiful piece of material that has Red, Yellow and Greens in it and I used that to pick the colors of my home. Each room seems to blend seamlessly from one to the other.

• Join Us on Pinterest This Sunday

• Past Meets Present: The Orient Express

• Ideas for using lemon zest in your design.

• Dining Room Definition - Ask Genevieve - Episode 4