It’s the first Friday of spring! I’ve been inspired by the daffodils peeking up through the cold ground and want to bring you some inspiration, too — literally. This week we’re giving you the chance to win a set of alphabet photography blocks from Everyday Art, which spell out “inspire.”

design-happens-freebies-everyday-art500x400

Each photo letter is available in both color and black and white, and there are four different photos for each letter. Check out a couple of options for A:

design-happens-everyday-art-a1.jpg

design-happens-everyday-art-a2.jpg

These 1/2″ blocks are made from composite material and are scratch resistant, moisture resistant and will not fade over time. What I love most about them is that the photo blocks come ready-to-mount and you can spell out anything you want, from your name to a favorite saying.

All you have to do to win is answer this week’s question before 12/11c, Monday, March 29. Be sure to provide a valid email address so we can contact you if you win.

This week we want to know: What item in your home truly inspires you? Is it a photo of a beloved family member? A statue of a religious icon? Maybe it’s a project you completed on your own that made you feel like a champion? You have until 12/11c on Monday to answer. Click here for the official rules.

Freebies

1. Mrs. Dawn Smith says:

My inspiration comes from my love of "wood"… yes wood! When I look out my bedroom window I see the many projects that I have created..some all by myself. I see an arbor on an unleveled hill, a 2 tiered deck, a raised wall around my pond on a hill and our shed! It all makes me smile not just on sunny & warm days, but every day, even on the rainiest , coldest, or the snowiest days! =).

2. Cassandra says:

I'm inspired by my neutral themed room with tree print photos and an old steamer trunk. I can't get enough of the old stuff mixed with the new, with a pop of two of color, it gives us a room to relax and rejuvenate our family while giving us a room we can do whatever we want in…thats why we love it and we feel inspired everyday to so more with our family!

3. Tammy Bellantoni says:

I am inspired by the work we did ourselves. We just purchased a house which was covered from head to toe in ugly wallpaper. We stripped it and painted. It looks awesome. All of the colors flow together from room to room. A project we never thought we would finish!!

4. Chelsea Hoilman says:

This is an awesome piece of artwork! I am an art major at East Tennessee State. In my 2D class last semester, we did a project just like this! We had to go around town and find all the leters just naturaly in space. It was a great project! I still have mine hanging on my wall! This is such a fun way to bring your favorite places and quotes together in an awesome piece of artwork!

Also the weekend after our projects were due, we have a craft fair in my home town. There was a booth on the street that was selling words spelled out like this. I talked with them for a while and we shared some pictures!

5. marmadukesnoopy says:

The change of the seasons inspire me. What greater work of art is there than the one that God created. Is that ok or am I being politically incorrect?

6. Judy Rahn says:

A picture in my dining room called "The Singing Butler" by Jack Vettriano. I love the colors in this photo. I mimick the colors in the print to put splashes of color in my dining room.

7. Greg says:

I almost died from a blood infection over the thanksgiving/Christmas holidays. It was very hard to stay upbeat and get thru this bump in life but as it started to get it's toughest I made sure to look to things around me for inspiration. The main thing was a bracelet they gave me in the hospital that was labeled "Fall Risk" I took a picture of that on me and printed it up where I could always see it. To remind me just what I do have and to not let me get down about small things. I have my life and the future. Things don't have to be big to have a huge impact on your inspiration. Definitely makes me think different ways about life when looking to it.

8. LuAnn Hope says:

I am inspired by two angels that I have. One given to me from a friend that died of breast cancer and the other from a beloved Aunt that passed away years ago. They both mean the world to me…and remind me of how strong they both were…

9. Ann Marie says:

My grandfather was an avid agate collector. He polished literally thousands of stones and made jewelry and decorative household items. He also made art where he basically 'glued' the stones to a board and framed it. One of my favorites is a piece he made that is stones arranged in paired geometric shapes. The colors are earthy and rich, and the polished finish of the rocks gives it a beautiful finish. This particular piece is also not a basic square, but rather a mirrored pair of stacked quadrilaterals…pretty bold for its time. Our living room colors and setup are based on it.

10. I am inspired by my daughter's artwork! We are always painting together, doing crafts like making birdhouses – we decorate our home and yard and it means so much because everything is created wth love.

• A modern white sofa echoes the cream limestone in this

• Working from home feels like a vacation when your workspace

• The line between the indoors and outdoors blurs when

• This beautiful mint kitchen offers plenty of storage and