It’s the first Friday of spring! I’ve been inspired by the daffodils peeking up through the cold ground and want to bring you some inspiration, too — literally. This week we’re giving you the chance to win a set of alphabet photography blocks from Everyday Art, which spell out “inspire.”

design-happens-freebies-everyday-art500x400

Each photo letter is available in both color and black and white, and there are four different photos for each letter. Check out a couple of options for A:

design-happens-everyday-art-a1.jpg

design-happens-everyday-art-a2.jpg

These 1/2″ blocks are made from composite material and are scratch resistant, moisture resistant and will not fade over time. What I love most about them is that the photo blocks come ready-to-mount and you can spell out anything you want, from your name to a favorite saying.

All you have to do to win is answer this week’s question before 12/11c, Monday, March 29. Be sure to provide a valid email address so we can contact you if you win.

This week we want to know: What item in your home truly inspires you? Is it a photo of a beloved family member? A statue of a religious icon? Maybe it’s a project you completed on your own that made you feel like a champion? You have until 12/11c on Monday to answer. Click here for the official rules.

Freebies

1. Tracy says:

I am inspired by a picture of my family hanging on the wall. The photo is done in Sephia tone and we are wearing simple denim jeans and white tshirts. Our family consists of my husbands two kids, my two kids and the little angel that we have together. In this picture our daughter who is now 7 but was only maybe 2 at the time is pointing up at everyone and we are all surrounding her and the other kids are looking down at her…….she is the boss. We went through ALOT to get pregnant with her and she was a blessing out of three possible…..therefore we were inspired to name her Trinity. In October 09' I almost lost my family. Because of my career and what I brought home my family fell apart. It took til Jan. 10' to put back together the pieces and start a new. I truly now believe that we never know what we have until its too late. Life is too short to let things get in the way of what is important.

2. Apryl Myers says:

Every Morning when I wake up I see the glimmer of sunlight trickling through My favorite see through floor to ceiling window coverings.The warmth and the ambiance it sets makes me want to jump out of bed and attempt the impossible I try to reach each day.

3. Kim Broadhurst says:

My husband and I just finished remodeling our family room and it inspires us to do more to make it the best home we can possibly provide for ourselves and our children. Our children absolutely love it and we love spending time together in our new room!

4. Leola Hamilton says:

awesome ideas folks!! I think I will get out my camera and look at objects in my yard that I can recreate this idea! thanks!!

5. Angela Gardner says:

what inspires me everyday of my life is my daughter.every picture in this house of her is great memories.from her as a baby to this day as she is a senior this year.seeing her pictures as she is growing into a beautiful young lady is very inspiring.

6. Karinll says:

I have too many pieces that I simply love to name one, but think the overall feeling in my living room feels warm and welcoming. I took a risk with some dark colors (chocolate on sofa wall & cafe au lait elsewhere) and cherry woods.

7. Amanda says:

What item in your home truly inspires you:

When my husband and I got married, instead of having a guest book, we bought a huge picture frame with a large picture of us in it and had everyone write something to us. This now hangs up in my house- and soon in the first home we just purchased, and everytime I look at it, it inspires me to continue on with all of our dreams and ambitions; from this first time home purchase, to what we will acomplish as people and as our own family.

8. Terry DeVore says:

We wanted to do something different with our front door that nobody in our neighborhood has ventured to do, so we painted it a very welcoming red wine color. Now everytime I come through that door, I think to myself what else can I do to make my house more beautiful inside and outside. We have had several compliments on it and I am seeing more neighbors sprucing up the outsides of their homes.

9. Beritto says:

Im inspired by a statue I bought on a trip I took to Athens, Greece. It's bronze… of two figures in an embrace. The male is an oiled bronze, and the female is polished bronze… but they stand upon a wheel. I think this is a constant reminder of the effort one must make in maintaining a relationship of any sort. It takes two people to keep it balanced… because if one gets lazy and lets the other do all the work, then the wheel will start spinning and will quickly loose control…

10. mydesign1956 says:

I am inspired by the outdoors…I love gardening and am always looking to add new themed whatnots to my flowerbeds…Chimes, Birdfeeders, benches, metal artwork, birdbaths just to name a few…If I owned a sod cutter here on my acre I would be in heaven!!!

• As seen on the HGTV & DIY Network series, Rehab Addict.

• #TBT Favorite bedrooms from HGTV Dream Homes past