In the spirit of all things “cute and unique,” we are giving you a chance to win four, fun side plates from Ink Dish. We hand-picked the “December” line for our readers after we fell in love with the quirky details and pops of color. For a chance to win, answer this week’s question before 12/11c, Monday, April 19. Be sure to provide a valid email address so we can contact you if you win.

design-happens-inkdish-collection600x479

Win 4 sideplates from Inkdish's "December" collection.

“December” is from the dinnerware collection designed by artist Alyson Fox for Ink Dish. The design features delicate birds and ladies in a fantastical finishing school carefully balancing books on their heads. The side plates are made from quality porcelain with an in-glaze decal and are dishwasher and microwave safe.

This week we want to know have you actually ever used the china you picked out when you got married? Have you replaced your Grandma’s Desert Rose print with the cute dinnerware you scored at Target? You have until 12/11c Monday to answer. Click here for official rules.

Freebies

1. Mim says:

We did not pick out wedding china. We picked out wedding daily wear in the form of hardy Pfaltzgraff. We used it for a good ten years before we had to buy a new set of dishes. Now I do have "fancy" dishwear and daily dishwear but still not china.

2. Myssie says:

I had a grand plan to collect and mix/match "china". So we didn't register for any. We have a few pieces, but not as many as I thought we would when we married almost 8 years ago. Hmm, reminds me that tag sale season is upon us in New England.

3. Charlene says:

I was a rebellious teenager of the 60's who ran away to Haight-Ashbury. Got married in the early 70's and YES! I used the china that we picked out before we got married. Even used it when we had children. Why buy it and never use it? Few pieces remain but I love having an evening cup of tea using a china cup and saucer rather than a mug. Just feels right.

4. Lindalee Stuckey says:

I personally hate china. I love Corelle. But I did break down and get a set of dishes with suns and moons.

I remember my mom's china with pine cones. YUCK!

5. Sheenah says:

We only got 2 place settings of our wedding china, but then we were given my husband's grandparents' wedding china. It is beautiful but we have never used it. I'm kind of afraid to.

6. Mimi says:

Yes! I use my china but it is casual stoneware by Noritake (Rainbow End). It was on sale for $35.00 a place setting. I was 21yrs old when I got married and we just celebrated our 25th aniversary in Aug. I like to entertain so I use it in the summer or spring for casual dinning. I have china that was handed down to me from my parents. It was a big deal for my mom to give me the china because she hardly used the china. I use it ever chance I get. My mom purchased it from American express. I use to joke with her that I get china with the peacocks on it and one day she gave it to me. She had two sets of china. A set my dad bought for her when he was in Japan on buisness.

7. michelle says:

My husband and I as artists are not formal, so the traditional; china Idea seemed to not fit us , we opted for all white every day stuff in interesting forms, but I often wish we had something with color or a a funky design now and then.

8. Ann Noack says:

I used the China i got as a bride for family gatherings. It was Noritake's Ambrosia design, a beautiful white background with ia delicate ivory foral pattern around the edges and a silver band. I've passed the set on to my daughter and am now using my own mother's chine that she got as a bride. It's not as much to my liking, but it has a great deal of sentimental value. So, that makes it very special.

9. Christine says:

We never picked out China. However, my grandmother has "promised" a set to me… someday I will own it.

So to answer your question, NOPE, I've never used the fancy china. Although I do use my favourite fancy crystal water pitcher whenever I can. Why own it if you won't use it?

10. Btrflywmn says:

We have never owned china, these would be great to have.

• Check out Sophie the golder retriever on the cover of HGTV

• Throw an oh-so-fun and not-so-scary cupcake decorating

• Send Halloween guests home with an adorable custom party