In the spirit of all things “cute and unique,” we are giving you a chance to win four, fun side plates from Ink Dish. We hand-picked the “December” line for our readers after we fell in love with the quirky details and pops of color. For a chance to win, answer this week’s question before 12/11c, Monday, April 19. Be sure to provide a valid email address so we can contact you if you win.

design-happens-inkdish-collection600x479

Win 4 sideplates from Inkdish's "December" collection.

“December” is from the dinnerware collection designed by artist Alyson Fox for Ink Dish. The design features delicate birds and ladies in a fantastical finishing school carefully balancing books on their heads. The side plates are made from quality porcelain with an in-glaze decal and are dishwasher and microwave safe.

This week we want to know have you actually ever used the china you picked out when you got married? Have you replaced your Grandma’s Desert Rose print with the cute dinnerware you scored at Target? You have until 12/11c Monday to answer. Click here for official rules.

Freebies

1. Sara Glazebrook says:

I never picked out real china when I got married in 1970. My sister gave me some antique china a few years ago but by this time, I hardly needed any so I gave it to my daughter who loves to entertain. My "china" is nice everyday stoneware but I'd love to have some new cute stuff.

2. Jenn says:

i have a china set from my grandmother but I don't use it, it stay nicely packed away

3. Ashley S. S. says:

Eighteeen years after I married my alter-ego straight out of the womb, we picked up a 16-piece set of "china" (read: porcelain) at a yard sale on the way to college. Six years later, we're still married, but our china set is down to, uh, seven pieces. Love is stronger than plates, I guess.

4. tandmjohnson says:

I have never had china and I finally replaced the "old set" given to me with a cuter more now looking set!

5. Jane Boozer says:

Ive never had any china…i'm just a plain jane….

6. Eva D says:

sad to say I never had china and my sister got my grandmothers so unless I buy my own I wont have any I love this set its so cute

7. Marie says:

We didn't register for china – we figured we'd get more good stuff without that taking up so much of our registry! Also, my mom almost never used her china, worried when she did use it, and needed an additional piece of furniture to hold it. No thanks! Instead, we got very pretty everyday plates and matching chargers to dress them up for special occasions.

8. Nancy says:

I have never had real china–and would love to. (small children did not make china a reality) And this set is do darn cute! I can see using this every day–and it woul dput a smile on our faces to beable to use it! I LOVE it!

9. Kerri says:

Sadly, we never picked out china. We have assorted hand-me-downs. I would love to get a new set…

10. Ji Ji says:

First of all… I love LOVE love dishes, and they tend to be my weakness when shopping! I never registered for China, only my fancy goblets and I always regretted that. After 20 years of marriage my 100 year old neighbor "sweet Pearl" passed away and my husband surprised me with her set of "old but new" china that he purchased at her Estate sale! I guess I can say now that it was worth the wait! I still don't use it to eat on but it looks fabulous in my china cabinet and now holds a very special place in my heart and also sweet memories of Pearl!

• Adventures in Antiquing: Trending at Spring High Point