design-happens-sparrow-clips250x230When a talented designer is involved, the most basic household items can become ultra-stylish. That’s what happened when designer P.Waiwiriya got creative with everyday clothes pins. (You know — the kind that never get used for laundry but always hold your bag of tortilla chips closed?)

This week, we’re giving you the chance to win two sets of these whimsical clips available through the Museum of Modern Art’s MoMA Store – 32 clips total. The sparrows come in four bright colors and are just too cute to stash away in your laundry room. For a chance to win, answer this week’s question before 12/11c, Monday, May 3. Be sure to provide a valid email address so we can contact you if you win.

This week we want to know, what everyday item needs a style makeover? Toilet bowl brushes? Laundry baskets? Gardening tools? You have until 12/11c Monday to answer. Click for official rules.

1. Marcia says:

I think that a paper towel holder is probably in need of a makeover. Most of them are just vertical poles on a base. Maybe they need to be livened up a bit!!

2. Lori says:

They actually make them already Cindy! One of my friends gave them to me last year as a gift…they're called "Gloveables". The glove part on mine are black and the top has a rubber cheetah ruffle with a black satin bow! Very chic!

3. Lori says:

How about cool and chic computer wires? I hate seeing a "sea of black or gray" wires near my computer. You can get trendy computers/laptops…why not wires?

4. patti says:

measuring cups for the kitchen

5. Rachel says:

i think bathroom cleaning supplies need a makeover!! and a convenient storage for them right in the bathroom, out of reach out of sight! thats what i need!

6. Nancy Sage says:

Laundry Baskets or Hamper… Mine is your usual half circle and white boring!!! Most company come through the Laundry room /mud room when they enter my house … They should make somthing that say's WOW !!! That was a great Idea like hang it on the wall diquised and at the bottom a door that drops your dirt close out to sort ,but not noticed other wise

7. Diane Gurner says:

The garbage can. Stylish shapes and colors.

8. I think my laundry baskets and toliet bowel cleaners need a make over. Also, my vaccum cleaner and broom. Lastly my iron board and iron.

9. Jane M King says:

The first thing that came to my mind is my broom and dust pan. I've actually had comments about how ugly my broom is but it's a necessary evil and it still works fine. I just wished it looked better. I also have two bi-fold doors in my apartment that are really ugly and noisy, it would be great if there were something that could be done to make them look better.

10. shirley akins says:

What about something unique in a clothes hanger? THey are so boring.