design-happens-sparrow-clips250x230When a talented designer is involved, the most basic household items can become ultra-stylish. That’s what happened when designer P.Waiwiriya got creative with everyday clothes pins. (You know — the kind that never get used for laundry but always hold your bag of tortilla chips closed?)

This week, we’re giving you the chance to win two sets of these whimsical clips available through the Museum of Modern Art’s MoMA Store – 32 clips total. The sparrows come in four bright colors and are just too cute to stash away in your laundry room. For a chance to win, answer this week’s question before 12/11c, Monday, May 3. Be sure to provide a valid email address so we can contact you if you win.

This week we want to know, what everyday item needs a style makeover? Toilet bowl brushes? Laundry baskets? Gardening tools? You have until 12/11c Monday to answer. Click for official rules.

1. Lynnette says:

Laundry baskets need a style makeover and function makeover. Someone should come up with the idea to make a basket that you can use to carry on your back. So I can carry a toddler who wants to go to the laundry room with me.

2. how about kitchen mitts. they are big and oversized. how bout putting something like memory foam in them so they some what form to you hand and give you a better grip.

3. Becky Helwig says:

I'd like to see a really good mop makeover for those of us who have kitchen floors that have little indents in the flooring.

4. Luann says:

How about vacuum cleaners. I hate to vacuum, but at least if it looked more stylish and colorful, it would a little better. Who am I kidding, I still wouldn't want to vacuum, but it would look better in my closet!

5. Diane Kooser says:

My big stability ball needs a makeover! Mine would be even more of an everyday item if I could keep it in the living room to use when I'm watching HGTV. Some fun patterns or fabric covers would bring a whole new life to stability balls.

6. Barb says:

I would love to see the toilet brush revamped–I am not fond of the throw away kind and the ones with the brushes on the end have damaged my bowl in the past–it would be nice to have something in the middle.

7. Suzanne Rogers says:

Everything to be kid friendly, durable, modern looking. Not many things out there fit the bill.

8. Daniella says:

washing machines need more colors! Pink or purple or polka dotted would be nice

9. Michele says:

A mop… I think we need to see brighter colors and designs on them. That would really be nice…

10. Carmen says:

I think any type of Bathroom Cleaning Products need a Makeover. It is hard to "hide" the Toilet Brush and Plunger but have them accessible when needed.