design-happens-sparrow-clips250x230When a talented designer is involved, the most basic household items can become ultra-stylish. That’s what happened when designer P.Waiwiriya got creative with everyday clothes pins. (You know — the kind that never get used for laundry but always hold your bag of tortilla chips closed?)

This week, we’re giving you the chance to win two sets of these whimsical clips available through the Museum of Modern Art’s MoMA Store – 32 clips total. The sparrows come in four bright colors and are just too cute to stash away in your laundry room. For a chance to win, answer this week’s question before 12/11c, Monday, May 3. Be sure to provide a valid email address so we can contact you if you win.

This week we want to know, what everyday item needs a style makeover? Toilet bowl brushes? Laundry baskets? Gardening tools? You have until 12/11c Monday to answer. Click for official rules.

1. Christine says:

I would love to snazz up my cabinets with designer style tupperware or like tupperware bowls and containers. Animal prints, stripes and floral patterns would really pop!

2. Cristine Conner says:

I think teapots could use a style make over. My family drinks tea all throughout the day and I think something that is so important in our lives should be an expression of who we are, not just a pink, green or stainless steel pot, but something with a cool design or anything along those lines. Just a thought.

3. Lisa Heinz says:

I think toilets overall need a makeover. They are functional but for the most part, not very attractive.

4. vicki connor says:

i saw above, plungers, i agree with that one, i use nice planting pots for laundry baskets and trash baskets, they come in different sizes of same style, kitchen ladders, would be great, stores easily and compact, stylish, maybe even hideable, that would match the kitchen, maybe stainless steel.

5. BethWerley says:

I would love to see some sort of cabinet (or what have you) to house all of the toilet accessories, cleaning supplies, etc. I hate keeping them anywhere near the other things that belong under the bathroom sink.

6. Totally agree on the toilet bowl brush and the plunger. Ick… would love to see versions that are sanitary but look good.

7. Cathy Rex says:

How about manicure and pedicure products. Its getting warmer out and time to use these more. So many different spots for polishes, lotions, cotton and removers. So many little tools (files, nippers, pushers, toe spacers and so on…) A nice way to organize soooo many products together is a much needed makeover item in my home!

8. Mandy says:

Diaper genies!!!

9. Shana says:

I am thinking my clothes hampers could really use a style makeover, something a bit more whimsical, colorful and functional would be great. Such as a dual- function chair/ ottoman, etc. with built in potpourri :)

10. Jen says:

Shower organizers are so utilitarian – you could have so much fun with them…making them into animals, fish, shells, etc. Something that is not cheap plastic, but looks and functions great.