design-happens-sparrow-clips250x230When a talented designer is involved, the most basic household items can become ultra-stylish. That’s what happened when designer P.Waiwiriya got creative with everyday clothes pins. (You know — the kind that never get used for laundry but always hold your bag of tortilla chips closed?)

This week, we’re giving you the chance to win two sets of these whimsical clips available through the Museum of Modern Art’s MoMA Store – 32 clips total. The sparrows come in four bright colors and are just too cute to stash away in your laundry room. For a chance to win, answer this week’s question before 12/11c, Monday, May 3. Be sure to provide a valid email address so we can contact you if you win.

This week we want to know, what everyday item needs a style makeover? Toilet bowl brushes? Laundry baskets? Gardening tools? You have until 12/11c Monday to answer. Click for official rules.

1. Heather Wattling says:

how about ironing boards?? im tired of dragging mine out of the closet everytime i need to use it…if it was cute i wouldn't have to stash it away! :-)

2. Kristi says:

Mailboxes need a makeover!

3. Maria Mohammad says:

I agree with one blogger..we need a toilet brush that is stylish yet not so expensive, I throw mine away after a couple of months even if I do disinfect it after it's use..plese come up with somethin gnice and INEXPENSIVE under 15 would be great..or an inter brush in a designed canister that can unscrew and be replaced easily..oh and that cmes in nice colors too………

4. Karla Rai says:

Kitchen Garbage Can. ICK!! lol =)

5. Cyndy Misiura says:

I would have to say plungers, I won't have a germy toilet brush in my house, I use paper towels to clean the toilet and then toss the germs out, but the plunger you have to have. THEY'RE UGLY

6. Tara T says:

How about more inconspicuous battery extentions? We charge our computers, cell phones, x boxes etc. It would be nice to be able to choose the color, or a clip on over the battery. I also wish that more of them came in a retractable option so you didn't have so much clutter cord hanging around!

7. Ann says:

Hw about some cute sprinklers that double as a piece of yard art?

8. Shannon Schulte says:

Brooms! They all look the same and are boring. @sethandshannon1

9. drkewl says:

outdoor grill covers, they are so black and ugly , needs a design!

10. Sharikins says:

Those clips are really cute ! Laundry baskets would be a good one to make over, for people like me who don't even have a closet :)