design-happens-solaria435x600Sometimes I really hate not being eligible for Freebie Fridays. This is one of those weeks. We’ve partnered with Solaria Lighting, a great company out of Atlanta known for the weathered look of their products, to bring you the chance to win one of five Manhattan Pendants. This beautiful piece has an antique wood finish and comes with a six-foot chain to it hang from the ceiling. For a chance to win, answer this week’s question before 12/11c, Monday, May 17.

This week we want to know, if you were a designer what would be your signature piece? Well-chosen wallpapers like Jack Poles? Romantic chandeliers like Candice Olsen? You have until 12/11c Monday to answer. Click for official rules.

Freebies

1. Charles says:

I am currently building a house I think of the entire house as my masterpiece with stacked rock on the front, Brazilian Cherry floors, and recessed lighting throughout the house. The piece above is a very nice piece and would go very well as a chandelier in the dining room or breakfast area. However the one thing I would want to be my centerpiece is a hanging front porch light. I have been looking several weeks now for a certain type of hanging front porch light. This is important to me because this is the first thing a person sees when coming to my new home in the day and at night. Hopefully over the next couple of days I will find this light.

2. Nilyest says:

I would display items with personal memories or meaning in a distinctive way.

3. MKC says:

I think lighting is everything. I love nature, too. So, that would have to be integrated somehow with lighting as my signature.

4. Emily says:

I would design glamorous headboards. I have always been intrigued by headboards, I have actually covered my own twice with beautiful fabrics. I think it is relaxing to have a cozy bedroom.

5. bekah says:

Some kind of nicked up, lived with, piece of furniture in every room. I like things that arent perfect (hah they make me feel better about myself!)

6. bekah says:

oh…um…is the deadline supposed to be Monday, May 10th? Im thinking that maybe you mean the 17?…just a little heads up there!

7. Jessica Adams says:

My signature would be more muted tones with minor splashes of color in random bottles, pillows, sculputres, etc. Muted major furniture such as couches and chairs can always work with whatever color scheme you're into for the season!

8. My design statement would be floors and floor coverings. There are so many beautiful flooring options that can warm, cool, surprise, accent, mute, add elegance or sass, and tie a room together. And they are available at all price points. Awesome!

9. Alexander Davila says:

My signature piece would be furniture made from recycled items such as a table made from a hood of a car or a chair made out of reclaimed wood from a old barn.

10. Laura Hilliard says:

That one piece of stand out art.

• Dining Room Definition - Ask Genevieve - Episode 4

• Feminine wallpaper and white wicker hang out in this lovely

• There's no confusion about what goes in this basket

• Learn all about knobs and pulls from #VernYip in