design-happens-solaria435x600Sometimes I really hate not being eligible for Freebie Fridays. This is one of those weeks. We’ve partnered with Solaria Lighting, a great company out of Atlanta known for the weathered look of their products, to bring you the chance to win one of five Manhattan Pendants. This beautiful piece has an antique wood finish and comes with a six-foot chain to it hang from the ceiling. For a chance to win, answer this week’s question before 12/11c, Monday, May 17.

This week we want to know, if you were a designer what would be your signature piece? Well-chosen wallpapers like Jack Poles? Romantic chandeliers like Candice Olsen? You have until 12/11c Monday to answer. Click for official rules.

Freebies

1. Michelle says:

My signature would be like David Bromstad I am all about color. Color to me is just the starting off point to a room but everything in that room would come out of that color in some way. With out color the world would be boring and bland.

2. Jennifer T. says:

My signature pieces would be home accessories made from bold handstamped fabric.

• Linda says:

Glass. I love glass..mosaics on back splashes, mirrors, frames, vases..I also would do/do it on yard art..little glass balls to set in your garden, or in your flower pots, I also do mosaics on stone pavers for walk ways or setting in the garden…Looks so pretty..and stained glass pieces..at the top of a stair case, or an entry way floor so when you walk in, its the, WOW factor. You can do little patio tables, trays..the possibilites are endless.

3. CarolynK75 says:

Lots of lightening, ,I can't stand a dark room and color, bold colors, bright oranges, yellows and reds.

4. Sandy says:

Black & White family photographs on the wall – either a large canvas (gallery wrap or framed) or a grouping of smaller pictures.

5. Shea says:

signature pieces would be delicately crafted pieces of furniture, highlighted within a room, but not ostentatious in design, color or size.

6. Bill Michel says:

My signature piece would be books done differently than just on a shelf. Creatively placed and displayed, books show the homeowner's interests, dreams, creativity, and reality all in one. :)

7. My signature would definitely be comfy furniture. I like comfort. I just don't do formal really well.

8. Man caves and bars

9. Jenni Hill says:

My signature piece would be luxurious, but affordable, linnens, comfortors and rugs for hte entire house.

10. Abrah says:

My signature piece would be a re-done fireplace/mantel. Though, I love romantic chandeliers like Candice Olsen!

• As seen on the HGTV & DIY Network series, Rehab Addict.

• #TBT Favorite bedrooms from HGTV Dream Homes past