One of our favorite companies is Viva Terra. Their gorgeous catalogs full of eco-friendly furniture, accessories and gifts get passed around like candy, as we ooh and ahh over their contents. This week, we’ve partnered with them to give you the chance to win one of five Temple Bell sets. You get one large and one small of these rustic, brass-plated bells. The bells are easy to hang and add a relaxing touch to your backyard. For a chance to win, answer this week’s question before 12/11c, Monday, May 24. Be sure to provide a valid email address so we can contact you if you win.

design-happens-vivaterra400x600

This week we want to know, what is your favorite part about outdoor living? Is it listening to the birds sing as you read a magazine? What about lounging in a hammock drinking fresh-squeezed lemonade? You have until 12/11c Monday to answer. Click for official rules.

Freebies

1. Vanecia says:

I live in a rural area. My favorite part of outdoor living is to relax on my patio in my lounge chair, fire burning in fire bowl with a glass of tea listening to the sounds of the world around me. Crickets chirping, frogs croaking, the cattle in the pasture behind our home makes me feel so peaceful.

2. Marlys Leder <&gt says:

I love being out in the yard in the evenings feeling the breeze and listening to all the tree frogs having a "song-fest"! It's very peaceful & relaxing.

3. Heidi S. says:

I enjoy sitting outside on my patio drinking ice tea and listening to all the birds and watching the butterflies play among the flowers that my husband grows for me to enjoy! The butterflies enjoy the Heather bush the best.

4. My favorite part of outdoor living is after sunset. Sitting around a firepit and a clear sky with milliions of stars…………AMAZING!!!

5. Carey M. says:

Our time out in the yard is limited in this neck of the woods, so every day is cherished for the smell of cut grass, and its luscious green color against the azure blue sky. I especially enjoy watching all my perennials bloom in yellows, pinks, purples and vibrant yellows.
    Time outside brings a smile to my face and to those around me. If I could be out there every day of the year, experiencing all the wonder, color and delightful aromas from my yard, life would be so much brighter!

6. Patricia Herbert says:

Sitting in the backyard around the firepit , roasting marshmellows and drinking a nice cold beverage. Ahhhhh!!!

7. Donna says:

I used to have neighbors that had a hammock that swung over fresh mint planted below. Sooo heavenly.

8. @Basking says:

I love watching the firefly show on a summer evening from our back patio.

9. Amy says:

Watching my children learn about the world around them is my joy. We grow vegetables, we look for caterpillar in our butterfly garden, we check the rain gauge, the thermometer and barometer, and we feed birds together. I love sharing the outdoors with my family. It doesn't get any better than that!

10. lorena says:

I love sitting outdoors and reading, with the sunshine on my toes and nice cold drink to cool me off! I have just the place for those temple bells, right on my apricot tree. ;)

• Take the fall celebration outdoors

• The rustic lodge look is a perfect fit fot fall. Blending

• Shop thrift stores and garage sales for assorted small

• Fall-Inspired Linen and Felt Acorn Pillow