One of our favorite companies is Viva Terra. Their gorgeous catalogs full of eco-friendly furniture, accessories and gifts get passed around like candy, as we ooh and ahh over their contents. This week, we’ve partnered with them to give you the chance to win one of five Temple Bell sets. You get one large and one small of these rustic, brass-plated bells. The bells are easy to hang and add a relaxing touch to your backyard. For a chance to win, answer this week’s question before 12/11c, Monday, May 24. Be sure to provide a valid email address so we can contact you if you win.

design-happens-vivaterra400x600

This week we want to know, what is your favorite part about outdoor living? Is it listening to the birds sing as you read a magazine? What about lounging in a hammock drinking fresh-squeezed lemonade? You have until 12/11c Monday to answer. Click for official rules.

Freebies

1. Beth Dwyer says:

My favorite thing about ourtdoor living is the warmth of the air and listening to kids laugh and play in the pool.

2. Diana says:

I like entertaining good friends outside. Hosting a ladies luncheon al fresco is the best.

3. Kerri says:

I enjoy filling the pool for my girls and sitting back dipping my toes in the cold water. The girls love to splash me and giggle the entire time. A nice warm, sunny day, cool water and giggling girls…how could it get any better?

4. Marie Lucas says:

My favorite part of outdoor living is the kids running around and laughing while I read and blow bubbles…

5. Jolaine says:

Love having the dirt under my nails from playing in my garden.

6. Kelly Parvin says:

Kelly would like a thumbs up for her entrance into HGTV contest, page two..halfway down.

7. i love sitting out in the yard around the fire pit with my children ,and grand children, roasting marshmello's and makeing smores!! love spending time outside in the yard!

8. Pat Matson says:

Outdoor living is all about the fresh air. Air is a symbol of spirit, and it wafts, well, just about everywhere, unencumbered. I like unencumbered! From my back deck, I can hear the wind soughing from a block away and it brings power into my face, my lungs and my soul.

9. Donna Sokolowski says:

I like to sit on the back deck and watch my kids rough it up with our little dogs. I like it when the grass has just been cut and I can also smell the burgers on the grill. Of course if I have a nice glass of red wine in hand, it makes this scene even better.

10. HBuck says:

My favorite part of outdoor living is watching the small wildlife that comes into my garden, especially the little lizards. It's especially amusing to see the males puff up at me when I putz around in my garden, getting territorial over whatever plant they happen to be on.

• A pecan rub and cider sauce give this pork roast a rich,

• Attach a wooden box to the long side of an old window and

• Fill separate frames with letters that spell out

• Distressed shutters and shelves make great backdrops and