One of our favorite companies is Viva Terra. Their gorgeous catalogs full of eco-friendly furniture, accessories and gifts get passed around like candy, as we ooh and ahh over their contents. This week, we’ve partnered with them to give you the chance to win one of five Temple Bell sets. You get one large and one small of these rustic, brass-plated bells. The bells are easy to hang and add a relaxing touch to your backyard. For a chance to win, answer this week’s question before 12/11c, Monday, May 24. Be sure to provide a valid email address so we can contact you if you win.

design-happens-vivaterra400x600

This week we want to know, what is your favorite part about outdoor living? Is it listening to the birds sing as you read a magazine? What about lounging in a hammock drinking fresh-squeezed lemonade? You have until 12/11c Monday to answer. Click for official rules.

Freebies

1. Beth Caresio says:

My favorite part of outdoor living would be sitting outside on a beautiful spring evening with a fire in the fire pit, stars overhead, with a glass of wine.

2. My Favorite part of outdoor living is hearing the sounds of the neighborhood. The birds, kids, dogs, lawn mowers. Also "smelling" summer…smelling fresh cut grass, hamburgers and hot dogs, the smell that comes right before it rains…all wonderful things that happen in summer!

3. JessieDae says:

My favorite part about outdoor living in the feel of the elements … the sun on your skin, the rain on your face … or the wind in your hair. Life sometimes takes that away from you and you find yourself desensitized … taking a moment to spend time outside seems to put the universe all back into place.

4. kama78 says:

I love to sit on the porch with my husband just talking and listing to nature.

5. Susan S says:

Sitting quietly listening to nature around me. If I sit still long enough, they forget I am there and the sounds and smells around me completely engulf me. I forget everything else and remember that I am a simple part of the much bigger world. When I finally decide to move, I feel refreshed as never before.

6. Kristen N. says:

I love relaxing on my back porch when the local Sandhill Crane couple comes by to steal seed from my birdfeeders. They often do a dance right in front of me! I live on a pond, so there's also a lot of shore birds, ducks, turtles, and rabbits who hang around. Knowing my yard is comfortable to them is pleasing to me.

7. Sally Glazebrook says:

I love sitting in my swing outside in the midst of my hosta garden (I have over 100) and listening to the wrens sing. Of course, my pooch is by my side along with a tall glass of iced tea.

8. TAMMY says:

FOR ME, THE BEST PART OF RELAXING IN MY GORGEOUS BACKYARD, IS THAT I DO ALL OF THE YARD WORK BY MYSELF. I FEEL THAT YOU APPRECIATE IT MORE, THE BEAUTY, THE TREES, FLOWERS, THE VEGI GARDEN, VARIETY OF BIRDS THAT VISIT…..IS ALL BECAUSE I GIVE THE YARD, MY PERSONAL LOVING TIME. :)

9. Darlene Osborn says:

The best part for me is watching my little grand daughter (age 3) running around, exploring and learning about the wildlife, and the new flowers that gamma's yard, pond and garden have to offer. The puppies playing with her and exploring and chasing her down. Don't get any better than that!!!!

10. Betsy Bruaw says:

I so enjoy spending time in the yard, closing my eyes and listening to the sounds around me; the song of the birds the breeze through the grass.Then, the sights pull me in as I open my eyes; the butterflies' brilliant colors, the clouds as they morph into a new picture minute by minute. My yard is a place to find myself in the midst of a beautiful world.

• This distressed vanity nook offers a fusion of timeless

• Brighten up a work space with vintage-inspired furniture

• High ceilings do wonders for a living room.

• White traditional kitchen with farmhouse sink and picture