One of our favorite companies is Viva Terra. Their gorgeous catalogs full of eco-friendly furniture, accessories and gifts get passed around like candy, as we ooh and ahh over their contents. This week, we’ve partnered with them to give you the chance to win one of five Temple Bell sets. You get one large and one small of these rustic, brass-plated bells. The bells are easy to hang and add a relaxing touch to your backyard. For a chance to win, answer this week’s question before 12/11c, Monday, May 24. Be sure to provide a valid email address so we can contact you if you win.

design-happens-vivaterra400x600

This week we want to know, what is your favorite part about outdoor living? Is it listening to the birds sing as you read a magazine? What about lounging in a hammock drinking fresh-squeezed lemonade? You have until 12/11c Monday to answer. Click for official rules.

Freebies

1. The fresh air, the breeze, not being indoors…

2. Amy T. says:

I love listening to the laughter and excitement of my 2 year old daughter as she plays on her swing and slide. Another favorite is the relaxing sound of our windchimes on a warm & windy day :)

3. Dana says:

My favorite part of outdoor living is all the wonderful sounds of Summer and finally being warm after a long cold winter.

4. Tina says:

The best part of outdoor living is working from home and taking my paperwork, laptop, cool drink and everything I need and sitting on my porch to work! The best of both worlds!

5. Fran says:

I enjoy sitting on my deck drinking my coffee and reading the paper. Our house has a walkout basement so the deck is more like a tree house. It is a great place to watch the birds as me have a great wooded area around the house and a little stream. Saw my first hummingbird today and so hurried and put the hummingbird feeder out.

6. Cynthia says:

My favorite thing about outdoor living is sitting quietly, with my eyes closed, listening to the sound the trees make when the wind blows. That sound the leaves make, in the wind, is lovely. It's as though the are whispering to one another. LOVE IT!!!

7. Susan in KY says:

I love to sit in my swing and watch the birds, smelling my hubby cooking dinner on the gril

8. Diana says:

I love being out in the fresh air, watching the birds and hummingbirds at the feeders, while the gentle sound of my fountain adds another element of peace and serenity.

9. edycia26 says:

The best thing for me and my family just enjoying the sounds and beauty around us. For me just taking a cup of coffee sitting on my balcony and just relaxing, looking at trees and hearing the birds, seeing the deer come out of the woods. Cant ask for a better day. Best of all is sharing all that with my family.

10. Jill B says:

When the summer weather finally arrives here in Idaho its not only the wonder sounds of the song birds and the other multiple birds that inhabit our neighborhood that bring peace but also the other parts of nature. It is so relaxing to be sitting in the back yard having all my senses reawaken by the touch, smell, sight and sounds of our little oasis. It very easily reminds me of the less stressful days of growing up in northern Maine and watching the clouds drift by.

• Room With a View: 8 Dreamy Beachside Bedrooms

• That's a wrap for our Kitchen and Bath Hour. If you love

• Designer Sarah Richardson placed two large wicker baskets

• Freestanding storage is a great option if you frequently