Are you ever shopping for home goods and think to yourself, “Nothing is right. I wish I could just make my own”? Yeah, me too. It seems like that perfect slipcover, lamp, canister and rug don’t exist. Before you give up, give Fabric On Demand a chance. This small group of printers set up a website that lets people upload their personal images or designs and turn them into fabric — the perfect fabric you can’t find in a store or on another website.

Fabric_On_Demand_image[1]

We’ve partnered with Fabric On Demand to give you the chance to win five yards of your own personal, perfect fabric. All you have to do is answer this week’s question before 12/11c, Monday, May 31. Be sure to provide a valid email address so we can contact you if you win.

This week we want to know, what home decor item have you been searching for, for yearsr? Can’t find that perfect shade of yellow for your curtains? Has the perfect serving platter eluded you? Maybe you need something that just doesn’t exist (self-cleaning bathtub)? You have until 12/11c Monday to answer. Click for official rules.

Freebies

1. renegawlt says:

The perfect method for hiding the home entertainment center. I hate the blank eye of a TV so much, I watch everything on my computer. But it means I can't work on my computer while I watch TV. I also listen to books on CD and need to hide the player and receiver for my NPR. I hate electronics in the living room. I just want pillows, color, plants, flowers, and candles. How to hide the shallow shiny stuff without using a piece of furniture that hollers "I AM THE HIDING PLACE!"

2. marian7 says:

A gizmo that shows how a paint color actually looks on each wall at various times of day and with a variety of types of lighting. I have an awful time picking out paint colors:(

3. Nancy says:

The perfect window treatments for my great room–four windows, two come right up to the mantel and the other two are perpendicular to those. The ceiling is very high, and nothing seems just right.

4. Tiffany Taylor says:

I have been searching for the right window treatments for my kitchen. I want something contemporary with a bit of a retro feel. My kitchen has white cabinets that go up to the ceiling and the paint is a great color I custom matched that I like to call "pea soup green". I'd like it to be bright and colorful with maybe orange and yellow. Oh yeah and I want to find a living room rug that's a pearl color with some kind of deep purple design.

5. Tiffany Taylor says:

I have been searching for the right window treatments for my kitchen. I want something contemporary with a bit of a retro feel. My kitchen has white cabinets that go up to the ceiling and the paint is a great color I custom matched that I like to call “pea soup green”. I’d like it to be bright and colorful with maybe orange and yellow. Oh yeah and I want to find a living room rug that’s a pearl color with some kind of deep purple design.

6. Beth says:

The perfect inexpensive lighting for my dark house. Sometimes I get outside to go to work to find my pants are a different color than I thought!!

7. Martha Eaton says:

I need a decorative way to display my collection of tea cups and tea pots in my downsized home. My parents' home recently sold and I inherited more than I already had from my mother. I need a compact way to display them and still have a way to have a life in the house.

8. kos says:

The perfect window hardware for our bedroom.

9. jilljm says:

Curtain fabric that conveys joy,serenity, warmth, and versatility.

10. [...] Design Happens » Archive » Freebie Fridays: Fabric On Demand [...]

• The indigo walls in this living space highlight the unique

• The living room's blue walls are complemented by throw

• Not only does navy blue pair well with most colors, it's

• Classic color meets midcentury edge with these