Are you ever shopping for home goods and think to yourself, “Nothing is right. I wish I could just make my own”? Yeah, me too. It seems like that perfect slipcover, lamp, canister and rug don’t exist. Before you give up, give Fabric On Demand a chance. This small group of printers set up a website that lets people upload their personal images or designs and turn them into fabric — the perfect fabric you can’t find in a store or on another website.

Fabric_On_Demand_image[1]

We’ve partnered with Fabric On Demand to give you the chance to win five yards of your own personal, perfect fabric. All you have to do is answer this week’s question before 12/11c, Monday, May 31. Be sure to provide a valid email address so we can contact you if you win.

This week we want to know, what home decor item have you been searching for, for yearsr? Can’t find that perfect shade of yellow for your curtains? Has the perfect serving platter eluded you? Maybe you need something that just doesn’t exist (self-cleaning bathtub)? You have until 12/11c Monday to answer. Click for official rules.

Freebies

1. Jen says:

We've been searching for the perfect bedroom set since we got married 6 years ago … in the meantime we are using the set that I had as a kid which is (a) not our style (b) not designed for adult clothes. We both know what we want but want it to be the PERFECT set before we spend the money on it!

2. Karan says:

I want a molecular transport device that will move furniture up and down the stairs during a redecorating frenzy.

3. HelloChris1 says:

The perfect fabric COLOR for my dining room chairs, they've gone UN-finished ; and are the last piece of the puzzle.

4. lisa says:

The perfect inconspicous TV so my Dad will come and visit, but one that we don't otherwise use very much.

5. Jenna says:

The perfect sofa. I've been looking for a new one for years and have never found one that I felt was worth spending the money on. Maybe next year…

6. Dani says:

Nice question. What home decor item have I been searching for, for years? Well it hasn't been for years, it's not like I have been around for so much time, but me and my mom have been looking for a picture frame, for a drawing of a lighthouse that was given to her as a gift a couple years ago. It doesn't seem to fit anywhere and it's not like we have the money to have a custom frame made. That drawing is very special to her, she loves lighthouses!! and some custom fabric wouldn't hurt! HGTV rocks! and FOD too!!! thanks God Bless you

7. Amy Kupinski says:

A frame with four vertical 5×7 openings…. so specific, so hard to find!

8. @WildaManba says:

What I need is bedding, carpet and wallpaper/paint that can change on command. Changing my mind every year becomes expensive… so I just don't. MAN I hate this room!

Oh, and a decent Shoji style closet. I'm not talking about the 1-2k installment doors, I'm talking about a self-contained closet that's under $300 and isn't too small or too large. I saw one once… but it was over $600 and I can't find it anymore.

9. Jordan Durbin says:

A pull out/retractable shower head! You know, like the pull-out faucets that are soooo hot right now? Can't somebody do that for a shower head, too? I'm not a huge fan of the hose hanging down, but love having a hand-held!

10. Linda Dickinson says:

Would love to see them come out with bathroom fixtures that a coating on then that make a lot easier to clean. Just think no more bathtub rings! Wouldn't that be glorious!!

• Dining Room Definition - Ask Genevieve - Episode 4

• Feminine wallpaper and white wicker hang out in this lovely

• There's no confusion about what goes in this basket

• Learn all about knobs and pulls from #VernYip in