This week we’ve partnered with Sorella Home, a company that prides itself on making beautiful high-quality tableware for entertaining with and passing down. All of their products are handcrafted in Europe and each piece celebrates the spirit of the artist who created it. We especially love the earthy Botanica Collection.

design-happens-sorella399x600

Each piece of the Botanica Collection is painted by a master artisan and created with carefully engineered distressing processes. This collection is perfect for sophisticated, casual dining. This week, you have the chance to win Botanica’s appetizer set which includes the large oblong platter and 8 canape plates. All you have to do is answer this week’s question before 12/11c, Monday, June 7. Be sure to provide a valid email address so we can contact you if you win.

This week we want to know, what item in your home was your biggest splurge? Did you chunk out the change for a one-of-a-kind armoire at an estate sale? Refinance your home to buy original artwork? You have until 12/11c Monday to answer. Click for official rules.

1. neecy0522 says:

The Oak Wood pieces that I bought to make my daybed and wardrobe closet, now I just have to make the time to finish it.

2. Michelle says:

My kitchen table. It is oak with a granite top and it is still the nicest piece of furniture I think I own. Someday I hope to get countertops to match it. The only time I don't love it is when we are moving, because it weighs a ton!

3. Jennifer says:

Wow. Isn't a house in itself a necessary splurge!? :-) When we moved in we had all of our ceilings scraped. Well worth it! I also LOVE my entertainment unit. Hides ALL the clutter!

4. Brenda Faulkner says:

My biggest splurge was my incliner sofa, which I had wanted forever!

5. Christy says:

It would have to be three things, really. The first, is our 42" flat screen HD TV that we now have in our bedroom. The second, was a laptop for personal & business that had all of the bells and whistles on it…I spilled coffee on that one, so the third, was another, more expensive, laptop with even more bells and whistles.

6. Lana Soileau says:

My biggest splurge was our tempurpedic mattress several years ago and it has been a purchase that we appreciate daily.

7. Amanda says:

Recently, we bought a 46 inch Samsung LED tv for our bedroom, and it's worth every penny!

8. Debbie says:

When we moved to our current house 22 years ago, we splurged on a beautiful black walnut corner cupboard. It's still the most expensive piece of furniture we have ever purchased and we still love it!

9. Shanna S says:

Our bedroom set! Which was a huge disappointment due to poor wood choices :(

10. Christie says:

We purchased a solid oak dining room table 6 chairs and the hutch to match!! We will have it forever and pass it on.