This week we’ve partnered with Sorella Home, a company that prides itself on making beautiful high-quality tableware for entertaining with and passing down. All of their products are handcrafted in Europe and each piece celebrates the spirit of the artist who created it. We especially love the earthy Botanica Collection.

design-happens-sorella399x600

Each piece of the Botanica Collection is painted by a master artisan and created with carefully engineered distressing processes. This collection is perfect for sophisticated, casual dining. This week, you have the chance to win Botanica’s appetizer set which includes the large oblong platter and 8 canape plates. All you have to do is answer this week’s question before 12/11c, Monday, June 7. Be sure to provide a valid email address so we can contact you if you win.

This week we want to know, what item in your home was your biggest splurge? Did you chunk out the change for a one-of-a-kind armoire at an estate sale? Refinance your home to buy original artwork? You have until 12/11c Monday to answer. Click for official rules.

1. Diane S. says:

My biggest splurge was a beautiful leather sofa, about 12 years ago. I love it – it even sleeps well (I did check that out in the showroom). I have a hard time keeping my cats from loving it too much, but it'll be a fixture in the living room, or family room, for the rest of my life. Yes, it cost that much.

2. WENDY says:

my husband and i just bought a new s/s fridge,then we purchased a s/s two oven stove
    and to top it off we purchased a s/s cover for the dishwasher.
    i would have to say are spending day's are on hold right now.until the bills are paid off

3. Karen M says:

Biggest splurge would be the laminate flooring still in the boxes and waiting to be installed! It will be beautiful…one of these days!

4. Katrina says:

Our biggest splurge came 4 years ago, shortly after finding out that I was expecting our daughter. Neither my husband nor I are comfortable owing money on anything, so there was a great deal of sticker shock when buying our home and the 80 acres it sits on. We've been very frugal when it comes to furnishing/decorating it, but now that we've paid this gem off (a huge accomplishment for two parents under the age of 30) we're finally making this house a home!

5. CindyW says:

our biggest splurge would have to be flat screen tv's.

6. Steph says:

The biggest splurge in my home was tiling my master bathroom. Our master bathroom is rather small, the size of a powder room with a shower. We bought beautiful ceramic tile with matching decorative pieces. The bathroom may be small but it looks AMAZING! Love him!!!

7. Kendra says:

A painting. My husband hates it.

8. Gloria says:

My computer armorie that sits in my dining room it looks like a china closet until it is opened up and you see all of the computer things in it.

9. Monique Felker says:

The best splurge we have in our home is the new kitchen that my father made by hand for us! We bought the granite countertops and stainless sink and appliances, but he made us our beautiful red oak cabinetry, island, and pantry. Absolutely love the wine cabinet and cookbook shelf he made as well. It is so personal and lots of hard work and love went into them!

10. MaryLou says:

My husband & I just purchased a leather sofa & loveseat. I feel like we're living in luxury. It's so sharp looking and comfy too!