This week we’ve partnered with Sorella Home, a company that prides itself on making beautiful high-quality tableware for entertaining with and passing down. All of their products are handcrafted in Europe and each piece celebrates the spirit of the artist who created it. We especially love the earthy Botanica Collection.

design-happens-sorella399x600

Each piece of the Botanica Collection is painted by a master artisan and created with carefully engineered distressing processes. This collection is perfect for sophisticated, casual dining. This week, you have the chance to win Botanica’s appetizer set which includes the large oblong platter and 8 canape plates. All you have to do is answer this week’s question before 12/11c, Monday, June 7. Be sure to provide a valid email address so we can contact you if you win.

This week we want to know, what item in your home was your biggest splurge? Did you chunk out the change for a one-of-a-kind armoire at an estate sale? Refinance your home to buy original artwork? You have until 12/11c Monday to answer. Click for official rules.

1. misyfitz says:

When my husband and I were first married we invested in a beautiful trunk that was very expensive. It has been used for baby blankets and all sorts of children special things for many years. Now we are using it for our daughters special keepsakes for her wedding. It will be something special for generations to come.

2. Astra says:

Our biggest recent splurge would be the new 42" flat screen and the rest of the pieces to fill our entertainment center. Love Love It!

3. RLZeigh says:

The biggest splurge was an oversized chair with ottoman- they are really nice and so comfortable. We love them! Just got a new puppy so the other new splurges we need will wait unti he passes the biting phase! We do have some Thomas McKnight artwork- but it was a gift from my parents. Splurge for them!

4. Our biggest spurlge so far has been the back yard. Full of weeds and leaves from 12 Oak trees when we bought it. We are finally getting the money to fix it up. We just put in a patio and a koi pond and gazebo. It may not be perfect yet but its getting there. The rocks and materials have been more expensive than we thought. The house was a complete fixeruper but it has been well workth it!!

5. Rachel D says:

My biggest splurge was when I was younger, I fell in love with an armior that was hand crafted in Mexico. It took me 6 months to save up enough to purchase it. Then another 8 weeks to have it built and shipped. When they shipped it, they wouldn't carry it into the house and left it at the end of my driveway! I had to call a neighbor who phoned a few friends to carry it in. I ended up baking them cookies as a thank you! It was well worth the wait. It is my favorite piece of furnature I own. Every time some one see's it, I get to retell them it's story.

6. Sheila G says:

We're in the process of our biggest splurge- retiling the master bath.

7. smokymtgal says:

When I inherited my Mom's china, I went on the search for the "perfect" china cabinet. Ended up finding a fantastic antique cabinet that not only displayed my mom's china beautifully, but also had a hidden desktop in one of it's "drawers"!! So now I have a desk AND a china cabinet! I love it!

8. Angie Palmer says:

Being frugal and earth conscious, I can't think of a "big ticket" item I've splurged on. Our home is an eclectic mix of second hand items, put together in a manner that is both comfortable and pleasing to the eye. So, I would have to say my biggest splurge is letting go of all the pressures of our material society and welcoming in the simple in order to truly enjoy all that LIFE has to offer!

Cheers, HGTV and thank you for inspiring! <3

9. Michele Myers says:

wood flooring to replace ugly carpet.

10. Laura Velkei says:

I worked at a furniture manufacturing company when I got all my furniture… duh, right. Their case goods sell at one of my fave stores in Los Angeles, Mortise and Tenon. So actually spent as biggest splurge… An O' Winston Link Photograph printed by the potographer 3 months before he passed away. Beautiful!