Sabrina Soto, host of Get it Sold, has partnered with Target to become their Style Expert at Home. We caught up with her to find out about her new role and her essential summer decorating accessories.

Sabrina-Soto-updated-bio

Tell us a little about your role as Target’s Style Expert for Home.

Target has so many great products, but sometimes it’s difficult for people to figure out how to work them into what they already have or to know just where to start. Some rooms could use a major overhaul while others may just need a few final touches. I’m here to share tips and ideas on how to pull it all together, and I couldn’t be more excited!

What are your three favorite home design products at Target this summer?

All of the Liberty of London accessories, colorful melamine platters and trays (a must-have for summer) and the Dwell Studio toss pillows.

What’s your favorite room in your house?

My closet. My sister calls it “The Lounge.” I took a tiny bedroom and turned it into a dressing room. In addition to my shoes, clothes and accessory racks, I have a TV, vanity table and iPod docking system. When my sister visits, we actually hang out there and listen to music while trying on clothes and makeup. The best part is that I was able to install everything I wanted for under $500! We laugh that it’s like Mariah Carey’s closet on an extremely small budget!

What decor item is a must-have?

Toss pillows. They can make or break the look of a living room or bedroom.

What’s your favorite way to relax?

Taking my dog on a long walk.

What books are currently on your bedside table?

Sidewalk Stories, David Stark Design and Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang.

Designers & Shops

1. Bette Elliott says:

I love Sabrina's show. Besides her great personality, her style is superb. When I watch how she stages and redecorates on such a great budget, it gets my decorating blood going. Would love to see her in more re-decorating and staging programs.

2. Amber Janel says:

I would LOVE to see pics of her closet! HInt, hint :o )

3. Carole Ann says:

Please give me one day to work with her and pick her brain about staging and de-cluttering. She's awesome and does everything on such a tight budget. I do wish I had a team of people helping me as well. Keep up the great job Sabrina and if you ever need help on one of your shows, just hollar!

4. SabrinaFan says:

I love Sabrina!

5. Sexy Shay says:

I qbsolutely love Sabrina Soto. I have a huge bedroom with lots of space and no color. I'm a renter but I'm sure I could do something fabulous with it. Sabrina help!

6. Rhonda Wilson says:

I love watching Sabrina! Where's the best place to study staging a home? I live in Missouri and just don't want to get caught up in online offers that aren't valid or getting online offers that I'm not interested in. Our local technical college doesn't offer the course. Thanks!

• Teresa Gandrud says:

I am also trying to figure out the best place to study home staging. I have spent several long nights researching many different staging schools, including online home study. I haven't came up with a decision yet. There are so many out there, with a minimum cost of $1,000. That alot of money for nothing if it isn't the right criteria to get truly certified. Let me know if you find any good, valid information. I live in ND and there is nothing local unless, i want to go to 4 years of interior design school, which the closest one is 5 hours away! Thanks! Keep in touch and good luck!

7. edie anderson says:

I love the fact that Sabrina is working with Target. It's one of my favorite stores for home decor.

8. Michelle says:

Sorry to be redundant but I just LOOOVE Sabrina. Her taste is amazing, her choices affordable, her personality just so warm, and she really gets her hands dirty on the show! Why is she only on 3 days a week in my area?!? I wish you all the blessings in the world with your booming career Sabrina.

And yes can we see your closet? :D

• shirley rose says:

I have the same problem in my area. They only show her show 2 times a week and all the shows are reruns, when will they be making new ones?

9. Delilah Malone says:

I love your show, I watch it as much as I can! I like it that you buy alot of things at a low price. After your through it looks so great! I work at a home-improvement store, but I just can't seem to put things together as you do? I love the paint choices you make for the walls, is certain beiges or taupes match certain wood tones? Let me know how to choose colors to match the woodwork in my furniture and other areas of my home. LOVE YOUR SHOW!

10. Victoria Joseph says:

hi my husband and I love your show… i can watch it all day. this something i am very interest in doing. however i live in Gary, Indiana, i do not think this is sort of this people get into here. my home is a prime example of watch hgtv, believe me u are inspiration to my design. if you have any input on how to get into this and where it could benefit me please let me know. we love your show and cant wait to hear from u.