Eartheasy, a family-owned and operated business in Parksville, British Columbia, strives to improve the lives of their customers by offering products that promote a simpler life through sustainable living.  Eartheasy’s Ceramic Compost Keeper is an elegant reminder to return uneaten organic matter back to the earth. The compost keeper is an attractive and effective place to stash kitchen scraps until you’re ready to put them into your garden composter.

design-happens-earth-easy-compost400x400

One reader will receive the Ceramic Compost Keeper along with two filters. For a chance to win, answer this week’s question before 12/11c, Monday, July 12.

This week’s question: What’s your favorite part about gardening?

Click for official rules.

Freebies

1. Smubba says:

I love being outside and spending time pruning trees. It's hard to get stuff to grow in Flagstaff, Az. but composting helps a great deal!!!

2. mtbclaire says:

sitting in my plot of thyme watching the bees all around me!

3. Robyn says:

My favorite part about gardening is the way it feels to stand amidst the vegetables and flowers and trees at 6:00 AM with a cup of coffee and listen to the birds.

4. Alesia says:

My favorite part of gardening is when the plants first shoot through the soil. Up until that point, it's all blind faith.

5. Denise says:

Gardening around my place in Oklahoma is a challenge. My favorite and most frustrating part is getting the vine rippened fruits and vegetables before the wild life does.

6. bongo says:

Staking up the vegetables.

7. susanprewitt says:

I grew up next door to one set of grandparents and my other grandmother within walking distance and we all had large gardens. The one my family tended with my Dad's parents was about an acre! When I garden I feel connected to my grandparents in a very organic way (no pun intended). The memories of planting onions with my grandpa and frying squash with my Grandma Chasteen for a yummy snack after school take me back to when they were only a minute away with extra hugs and kisses. I loved my grandparents and feel honored to have known them so well for so long. Gardening always reminds of them.

8. LSCR says:

I like having free herbs to throw in my meals!

9. hhung1 says:

The best thing about gardening is eating the fruits/veggies without washing them, especially if they are straight off the tree/vine, because all the natural unwashed flavors are wonderfully delicious! xD

10. Dawn McKinstry says:

All the fresh veggies that are steps outside my door! We eat so much healthier when there's an abundance of delicious fresh vegetables available.