Eartheasy, a family-owned and operated business in Parksville, British Columbia, strives to improve the lives of their customers by offering products that promote a simpler life through sustainable living.  Eartheasy’s Ceramic Compost Keeper is an elegant reminder to return uneaten organic matter back to the earth. The compost keeper is an attractive and effective place to stash kitchen scraps until you’re ready to put them into your garden composter.

design-happens-earth-easy-compost400x400

One reader will receive the Ceramic Compost Keeper along with two filters. For a chance to win, answer this week’s question before 12/11c, Monday, July 12.

This week’s question: What’s your favorite part about gardening?

Click for official rules.

Freebies

1. I love seeing the new little seedlings peek up through the dirt!

2. Emma Dudley says:

My favorite part about gardening is being able to grow my own veggies, herbs, spices and fruits and using them in the meals i serve to my family… but the best part is being in the great outdoors and soaking up the sun and working in the rain feeling how it must of felt like for the people who founded this country felt farming the land we now call home

3. Being able to grow my own veggies… nothing better than eco-friendly and organic living! Mmm! I want some tomatoes :p

4. dmtimney says:

I inherited an amazing New England garden from the former resident. It blooms like an orchestra rising under the guidance of a brilliant conductor. But, for all it's beauty, what I love the most when I garden is the smell of the earth. If you were to ask me to describe the smell of life, that would be it.

5. Joey says:

Getting to eat fresh and organic fruits/veggies that you grew all by yourself.

6. howdoesmygardengrow says:

My favorite part of gardening is after all the hard work put into it, picking the first, vine-ripened tomato and enjoying the perfection of the fruit, the smell as I slice it, and the fresh wonderful tomato taste. Nothing better!

7. Sheila Mace says:

Nothing is better than the feeling of connection with nature and the satisfaction of knowing your garden is providing wholesome food for your family just like your ancestors did. A vegetable garden gives you food without packaging and processing. Back to the basics of life.

8. Jeff Cox says:

Watching something I planted grow and it seems the vegetables I grow taste so much better.

9. I like everything when it come to gardening. The fruits, vegetables, preparing the soil. I LOVE GARDENING!!!!!

10. KaiserBuns says:

I was fortunate enough to grow up on a farm, even though I didn't appreciate it at the time! This is a small way that I can share what I learned from my parents about taking care of the land, and it will produce for you. I also like that my children have a tangible experience in caring for themselves instead of thinking food just magically appears in the grocery store.

• Fall doesn't have to have the traditional, muted feel we

• How to build a DIY industrial-rustic coffee table

• Giving new meaning to the phrase, 'working like a dog,'

• Honor your pup's inner goofball with an easy Halloween