This week’s Freebie Friday is designer approved. Bob Richter, whose New York kitchen was featured as part of our Weekly Tours series, tipped us off to one of his favorite frame makers, Chris LeBeau. Chris’s frames are constructed of 100% recyclable materials and an organic non-chemical solution is used in the aging process.

design-happens_lebeau-frames533x400

We’re giving away two of Chris’s beautiful copper frames. For a chance to win one, answer this week’s question before 12/11c, Monday, July 19.

This week’s question: What’s the best handmade item you’ve purchased?

Click for official rules

1. Carita says:

The best handmade item I have ever purchased were a set of PB&J pillows for my best friend. We always say, "you're the peanut butter to my jelly." and I found someone online that makes two toast-shaped pillows with a blob of purple on one and a blob of brown on the other. She even embroidered our nicknames on the top of them. It was amazing being able to give her something so personal and special. :)

2. Sandee Helms says:

I bought an artisan copper table top water feature. It is on my front porch between my rockers. It looks like an old water pump with a bucket. When the bucket fills with water it dumps out the water to fill again. A small bird is perched on top!

3. Karen Hiller says:

I love copper! Thanks for offering. The best hand made item I ever bought was a green necklace with beads made entirely from paper! It was made by women in Africa who make these out of scrap paper, dye them, and sell them to support their families. I wish I could post a picture because you would never believe that something this beautiful was made almost entirely from paper!

4. Carol Watson says:

The best handmade item I have purchased is a wooden holder for my office computer paper. it has 3 levels stacked and I have it painted to match my decor

5. Beverly says:

The best handmade item I have purchased is a Crystalyn Kae handbag! In fact, I loved it so much, I have since purchased two more!

6. donnacook says:

to let you know about your art i think this is beautiful i love copper look and its also practical in any room
    thank you for asking my thoughts.

7. The best handmade item I ever purchased was a beautiful quilt that is 40 years old and still looks new. It has the most detail and intricate stitches of any quilt I have ever seen.

8. donna cook says:

the best and only handmade item i have is wooden bowl for fruit oh so great for showing fruit thank you

9. Julie Bohr says:

well, the best one I think, is one I made and it is a crystal bracelet/necklace set that says CURE FA which is a neurological/muscular disease that my son is inflicted with.

10. Juancarlos says:

Best handmade item: Spanish Broad Sword.

• Coral and Aqua Girls' Room

• A display case painted high-gloss white holds golds and

• Bright aqua walls create a bedroom backdrop that's at once

• Aqua and orange paired with spring green makes for a