This week’s Freebie Friday is designer approved. Bob Richter, whose New York kitchen was featured as part of our Weekly Tours series, tipped us off to one of his favorite frame makers, Chris LeBeau. Chris’s frames are constructed of 100% recyclable materials and an organic non-chemical solution is used in the aging process.

design-happens_lebeau-frames533x400

We’re giving away two of Chris’s beautiful copper frames. For a chance to win one, answer this week’s question before 12/11c, Monday, July 19.

This week’s question: What’s the best handmade item you’ve purchased?

Click for official rules

1. kelly says:

The best handmade item I have purchased is a rice bag used to help a sore body part,it great

2. Pamela Thompson says:

My best item is doll clothes for my daughters American girl dolls.. She was thrilled to have such cute handmade things~

3. Claire says:

Best item would be a painting by a local Baltimore, MD artist-Shawn Theron. He is a self-taught artist that works at the American Visionary Museum and is fantastic!

4. Megan Wilson says:

I love the wire wrapped stone pendants that my friend made me.

5. A 9 foot long pine console table that was made from 2" reclaimed wood from an abandoned railroad depot. It is stunning in an atypical dark finish with saw marks from being cut 100+ years ago.

6. Jen says:

I make hand crafted snowmen on a wood base with tree, pickett fence, floral picks and so on at Christmas time to sell to make extra Christmas money. In the Fall I make pumpkin scarecrows out of fabric and embellish with spanish moss and more to make the money I need to make the snowmen :)

7. Jen says:

While I was traveling in Ghana, we visited and artist's market in Kumasi. I got a beautiful hand made Djembe. I even got to watch the master carvers teaching the apprentices how to hollow out the drums.

8. bekah says:

I bought this really cool handmade carving while I was in Thailand a few years ago. I have hung t above the door in every place I have live since then. I absolutely love it! Those are super cool frames that would look awesome with the art I already havehung in our bedroom, so I think Ill keep them in mind if I dont win!
    <a href="http://www.countrymousetales.com” target=”_blank”>www.countrymousetales.com

9. cher2611 says:

The best hand made item I purchased is an old shelf that was made from old barn wood. It was painted green, I sanded it, painted it white, and distressed it more… NOW! It's perfect!!!

10. Tammy Myers says:

The best handmade item i have purchased is a very unique, somewhat odd, mobile from a yard sale. I've never seen anything like it.

• Win a Lamp From HGTV Handmade!

• Tips to decorate with yellow ->

• This viewer wanted to create a light, airy dining room

• Staying with neutral shabby chic hues, this viewer mixed