This week’s Freebie Friday is designer approved. Bob Richter, whose New York kitchen was featured as part of our Weekly Tours series, tipped us off to one of his favorite frame makers, Chris LeBeau. Chris’s frames are constructed of 100% recyclable materials and an organic non-chemical solution is used in the aging process.

design-happens_lebeau-frames533x400

We’re giving away two of Chris’s beautiful copper frames. For a chance to win one, answer this week’s question before 12/11c, Monday, July 19.

This week’s question: What’s the best handmade item you’ve purchased?

Click for official rules

1. Terri says:

I've purchased many handmade things over the past couple of years… the best are probably the prints I've purchased directly from the artist.

2. Meredyth says:

The best handmade item that I have bought was a spoon rest. It was made out of recycled materials. I love it so much and have had several compliments on it.

3. Lori McKinney says:

A set of ChainMaille Cat o' nine tails, full size and miniature, very detailed.

4. Terri Perkins says:

i once bought at a thrift store, a single cupboard, I added 2 brass handles to make it look like a serving tray. :)

5. The best thing handmade I ever bought was a ceramic seashell pendant that had melted glass in it's ridges.

6. Best handmade purchase: Child's artwork framed – purchased for $3.00 at Goodwill.

7. Katelin Kloberg says:

About a year ago, I purchased a wooden bowl, really more of a solid basket because of an incorporated handle. The piece itself was hand carved by an American farmer who supplements his income by producing various bowls, baskets, and mortar & pestles, from the stump and roots of a tree that has been cut down. I believe it's called a 'root carving' and each piece is wholly unique from any other.

• Dana Grant says:

The best handmade item I have purchased is an old "trip around the world" quilt on an anniversary trip. It has 1938 embroidered in the corner. It made a lovely addition to my collection…..even though it has seen better days!!

8. judith black says:

A copper bird feeder with beautiful wind chimes woven around the feeder so that the birds control the sound of the chimes.

9. Molly says:

A silver ring my husband gave me. It is a simple band with hearts surrounding the ring, purchased at the Sawdust festival.

10. auntsis59 says:

The best thing home made I ever bought was a twin sized afghan made from all of the left over yarn. It is beautiful. I've had it for 35 years at least, and it's still gorgeous. It was made especially for me with love by a neighbor, because I admired her crocheting abilities. She even tried teaching me, without success. lol Very colorful. If you remember drawing squiggly lines on a piece of paper and coloring each individual piece of space that the over-lapping lines created, a different color, that is what this looks like. It is absolutely one of a kind and beautiful to boot. :)

• DIY Thanksgiving Decor ♡ Cute + Affordable