In August we’re going to start featuring a color of the month. Our first editorial meeting is tomorrow and we’ve got a color expert, a couple of shopping pros and a group of very opinionated editors ready to defend their colors to…maybe not the death, but the deadline, for sure. Before we pick, I’d love to know what you think. If you had to pick a color for August 2010, what would it be?

Monticello-thomas-jeffersons-home-ed0710-03Chrome yellow like the historically accurate yet oh-so-fresh Monticello dining room?

design-happens-RMS_Green-living-room_MerskineAre you still on the the turquoise band wagon? After all, it was Pantone’s color of the year for 2010.

design-happens-benjamin-moore-blueberryWhat about a dreamy-yet-confident blue, like Benjamin Moore’s Blueberry?

design-happens-sea-glassOr maybe it’s one of the beautiful variations on sea glass?

Whatever it is, tell us why you love it. Got pics or an inspiration board? Link us to them. We’ll include your ideas in the meeting and who knows — your color may just wind up being the color of the month.

Design Inspiration

1. Cindy says:

I think an excellent choice for the color of the month for August would be yellow, but not the chrome yellow in the Monticello dining room, but the mango yellow in my living room! It is such a warm, enveloping color, and not at all harsh like some yellows. I used Benjamin Moore's Sparkling Sun. This color is beautiful in all light, from morning to night in my south-facing room. See for yourself! /Users/cindyhallman/Desktop/livingroom_1 feb09.JPG
    /Users/cindyhallman/Desktop/livingroom_2 jul09.JPG

2. [...] Design Happens » Archive » Color of the Month [...]

3. Ms. Joie says:

If I had to pick it would be the Sage greens,because the bring me peace and soothe the soul as I lay around in my room. I love all colors that remind me of the Japanese gardens and the mantra for a spa, relaxing, peaceful and soothing feelings.

4. Michael says:

I agree with Cindy! A good, warm yellow-orange embodies the spirit of August for me (well, maybe not here in Seattle this summer, but generally speaking…) It's not only the color that permeates the beach during magic hour after a warm, waning summer day, but it's also the color of school buses and brand new pencils… not to mention a sure signal of fall!

5. @Lorisay says:

August is typically steamy around here, so I'd like a cool, relaxing sea glass blue!

6. Katie says:

I like the Chrome Yellow for sure! I love the Tuscan warm colors

7. CplusE says:

Although I prefer warm colors, August is such a hot and steamy month where I live that I would prefer to see a cool color like blue or green.

8. AngusParvo says:

If you choose any color other than yellow for August, I shall demand a recount.

9. Tonja Morris says:

I know what it is. Go insider information! Chartreuse!

10. Jazzpoppy says:

Hi, am more of a orangey-yellow girl myself, but love the audacity of the chrome yellow. Also, had to say that the picture of the blue and green paints is a dream in itself contrasted against the two tone silver edges of the paint pots.