In August we’re going to start featuring a color of the month. Our first editorial meeting is tomorrow and we’ve got a color expert, a couple of shopping pros and a group of very opinionated editors ready to defend their colors to…maybe not the death, but the deadline, for sure. Before we pick, I’d love to know what you think. If you had to pick a color for August 2010, what would it be?

Monticello-thomas-jeffersons-home-ed0710-03Chrome yellow like the historically accurate yet oh-so-fresh Monticello dining room?

design-happens-RMS_Green-living-room_MerskineAre you still on the the turquoise band wagon? After all, it was Pantone’s color of the year for 2010.

design-happens-benjamin-moore-blueberryWhat about a dreamy-yet-confident blue, like Benjamin Moore’s Blueberry?

design-happens-sea-glassOr maybe it’s one of the beautiful variations on sea glass?

Whatever it is, tell us why you love it. Got pics or an inspiration board? Link us to them. We’ll include your ideas in the meeting and who knows — your color may just wind up being the color of the month.

Design Inspiration

1. Gary says:

Mimosa was the 2009 Pantone Color of the Year. The turquoise choice for this year seemed like late '80's to me. There's another BenMoore color called "Beach Glass" which is nice. Let's hope Pantone has a better pick for 2011. Of course we use the colors we want to anyway.

2. Kasturi Shinde says:

Depends on where you are in August…if you are in India in August..its rainy out here ..so i would like chrome yellow to brighten me up coz everywhere its dull out here in rainys

3. @jennyadd14 says:

I think a deep golden yellow is perfect for August.

4. Andrea @ Superfine says:

I love the Monitcello Yellow! Here it is on one of my cakes set off with pinks: http://superfinebakery.blogspot.com/2010/02/yello

5. michelle says:

glass variations are soooooooo airy!!!!!
    and don't get me wrong, i adore the tuscan colors too….
    but, August means airy, clean, delicate…. all those dreamy times when the heat of the day comes upon us.
    ps- i love this website. everyone is so nice and wish all of you were my neighbors!!!

6. Carrie says:

I would like the color of a hazy summery- blue lake in August before the autumn golds, oranges and reds begin.

7. Terri says:

August is hot, hot, hot in Ohio. I would go with the color of melons, cantalope, watermelons, inside and out. Love the colors together. I can see all the colors of melons, cantalopes, watermelons on a wall, used in fabrics, pillow, and rugs "oh my" ….I think it would just be fabulous! ^_^

8. Flowers says:

In North Carolina , the colour of August is Hot Chile Pepper Red and Carolina blue skies!

9. Cynthia B. De Maagd says:

I choose a lovely shade of purple — Bonne Nuit, by Benjamin Moore as the August color. August is the month of my birthday — and it is so hot — that a cooling and soothing color has appeal. With walls painted Bonne Nuit, white woodwork and cabinets really pop. Everything looks cool and soothing, yet warm and inviting at the same time. My inspiration for choosing this color is the almost indescribable beauty of the purples that are way deep on the inside of sea shells.

10. Suede68 says:

How about Poppy Red for August…while the sea glass colors would be a welcome relief to this heat wave seems like Poppy Red would describe August!