Have you ever designed a room and been stumped when it came to finding the perfect accessories? We’ve got the solution.

alluminaire-lamp-shade

Alluminare specializes in custom lamp shades, pillows, wallpaper and fabric. We’re giving one reader the opportunity to create two lampshades free of charge. The winner will also receive two turquoise lamp bases to go with their custom-designed shades.

For a chance to win, answer this week’s question before 12/11c, Monday, August 2.

This week’s question: What accessory or piece of furniture are you looking for to complete a room in your home?

Click for official rules.

Freebies

1. vstark says:

I never know what I'm looking for until I find it! Once in a while, I find something perfect that never would have occurred to me.

2. Ayse says:

I'm looking for a small love seat that fits in my Victorian living room. Every furniture store is crammed with oversized pieces, but they look out of scale in my 13×13 room. I'm so picky I've got a half-empty living room rather than settle for less than the perfect piece. I'm starting to think, after six years of looking, that I'm going to have to go custom if I want to finish this room before I die.

• Cindy says:

Ayse, I have to have small scaled pieces too for my 1930's house, and I've found my best fits in thrift stores, consignment shops, and antique stores. I just bought a fabulous mid-century channel-back chair at a thrift store and even with the cost of fabric and reupholstery, I will spend about half the amount that a new chair would cost and the scale is perfect for my room!

3. Jenna says:

We need a new computer desk. Ugh.

4. Laura says:

A new piece of art for above the fireplace.

5. Marianna says:

I'm desperately in search of an attractive, dark/espresso wood bedroom suit for my not-so-big bedroom (that has a much-too-big king bed in it lol)

6. Michelle says:

I'm looking for a new couch. It's about time to replace the old one, but everyone in the family is so picky! It's too hard, it's too soft. Then we need to keep with the theme of the room.

7. alaina says:

i'm looking for the perfect desk to sit at my window and work my heart out.

8. Denise says:

Window treatments are my worst nightmare. My bedroom is three walls of windows. I have just finished painting and new woodwork and can't seem to come up with suitable window treatments.

9. Donna Hay says:

I love this site. Great ideas for around the house.

10. Kate says:

I live in a small New York City apartment and am therefore always on the hunt for ways to save space. Currently, our pantry is a mishmash of foodstuffs, cleaning supplies, grilling tools and even touch-up paint! So, I would like to find a space efficient closet organizer :)

• Serve this flavorful soup in glasses, and set up a soup

• Treat small Halloween guests to a snack size cup of pudding

• DIY Inspiration with David Bromstad - Guest Week - HGTV

• Defend the Trend: Does Agate Decor Rock?