Scot Meacham Wood opened SMW Design in 2001 after working 13 years for Ralph Lauren. When Scot designs a residence, he begins by learning about his clients’ lives. For this home in San Francisco’s tony Presidio Heights neighborhood, Scot worked with bold colors and dramatic furnishings.

Scot says: The clients wanted to transform their simple garden cottage into a glamorous retreat from their busy lives. We used their furniture and added specific pieces to complete the look. We mixed clean, modern lines with romantic hand-carved pieces. We also found several things at great discounts to keep within the clients’ budget.

Wood_wall artDark, dramatic colors highlight a growing collection of artwork and wonderful furnishings.

Wood_kitchenWe designed a gourmet kitchen where the husband, a chef, could create gastronomic wonders.

Wood_chairThe wife works for Ralph Lauren. We were inspired by many of the menswear textiles from Polo, as well as her love of French antiques.

Wood_diningvertOne of my favorite spaces in the home is the small study just off the main entrance.

Wood_dining3By installing a simple, custom-designed banquette, we were able to provide a nook for afternoon tea or seating for an intimate dinner party.

Wood_outdoorThe family entertains often. So, in addition to the breakfast bar and dining nook, we designed an outdoor dining area in the back garden.

Wood_masterbedThe master bedroom is simply magical. Dark, enveloping walls. The sparkle of a crystal chandelier. Linen-draped French doors that lead to the back garden. A well-edited collection of masculine and feminine textiles – wool suiting textiles, silk stripes and an over-sized paisley for drama. Combine these with a mix of contemporary shapes paired with more whimsical antique accessories and the result is fabulous.

To see more of Scot’s work, check out his blog, tartanscot.

Design Inspiration

1. Patricia Harmani says:

Scott's work is fantastic. When he completes a design, such as this beautiful home, it doesn't look contrived. Comfort and function shine through, as well as beauty. It it also exciting, for he uses color well. I could step into his designs and live happily! Please show more of Scott's designs in the future.

2. James Crash says:

Awesome men. It looks like a heaven on the earth. What a beauty.

MCSE courses UK

3. Sl says:

Ravishing and cozy! I could move in!

4. NSJ says:

I love this apartment; want to see more from this designer!

5. Wonderful whip! I would like to beginner as you fix your website, just how could my partner and i sign up for just a website site? The particular profile taught me to be some sort of ideal deal. I actually were a bit familiarised with this your over the air offered dazzling clear plan

6. I appreciate, cause I found exactly what I was looking for. You’ve ended my four day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye
    2009 For Men and Women http://patientdoc.com/privacy-policy.cfm

7. It’s the best time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I want to suggest you some interesting things or tips. Perhaps you can write next articles referring to this article. I want to read more things about it!
    cheap Beats By Dre Solo HD http://www.patientdoc.com/referral/patient-registration.cfm

8. wowgold says:

might not modify a product. These wowgold are the most beneficial.

9. scmh says:

Weekly Tour: Presidio Heights Haven | HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens

10. 私はよく分からない理由正確な理由が、この私のために遅いサイトロードしています。 問題の問題か、ある他の誰がこのをしている問題は私の最後に? 後で後でと問題がまだ存在するかどうか私は戻ってチェックします。
    mcm バッグ トートバッグ http://ofertaselectricas.com.ar/generadores/imagenes/mcm/20141013192635$~-&$-91gq.asp

See What We’re Pinning