In 1998, Lori Dennis opened her own interior design company, Lori Dennis, Inc. Her firm specializes in green interior design and her work has been featured in the New York Times, Coastal Living, Women’s Day and many other publications. We asked her about what distinguishes her style.
1. Which designers influenced you?
Victoria Hagan and Karin Blake — clean lines and modern interiors with warm feelings and regional accessories.
2. What’s your favorite design style?
I like rustic modern: reclaimed woods, concrete, lots of natural light and a smooth indoor-to-outdoor layout with glass doors.
3. What’s the essential home accessory (or piece of furniture) you use in your designs?
A tray for an ottoman to place books, candles and anything you’re eating, drinking or smoking.
4. What’s your favorite vacation spot?
While I love city vacations and all of the culture they have to offer, nothing beats a yoga retreat on a sunny beach on a warm ocean. And boating in the Keys or in Careyes, Mexico.
5. Show us a picture of the room you most enjoyed designing and tell us why you love it.
This room exemplifies my style — clean lines, uncluttered space and an indoor and outdoor transition with plenty of fresh air and natural light. It’s modern, but warm.
To see more of Lori Dennis, check out her blog.