As a star-struck fan of cottage-style decor, A Beach Cottage is my daily (and healthy) dose of eye candy. Sarah, the blog’s author, is a wife, mother, decorator and lover of all things sea-inspired, vintage and unique. She created A Beach Cottage as an outlet for her projects and decorating ideas, as well as inspiration for those trying to achieve their own cozy beach cottage look.

design-happens_a-beach-cottage-homepage

Sarah started A Beach Cottage in 2008 to document the restoration of her run-down Australian beach cottage, which she purchased after moving from England with her husband and children. With charm and wit, she displays her obvious passion for vintage coastal decor. She regularly posts about her incredible flea market finds, her treks around Sydney and her lovely home.

With every new decor addition, Sarah seeks advice and input from her loyal Beach Cottage followers. A pile of Laura Ashley wallpaper offers us a chance to help choose the vintage-inspired pattern that will eventually adorn Sarah’s bedroom wall.

design-happens_a-beach-cottage-wallpaper-samples

We see her home renovation projects from beginning to end, along with the little flea market finds she adds along the way, like an old watering can with flowers that fits perfectly within her quaint cottage kitchen. She doesn’t leave readers wondering where she found the beadboard wallpaper (Graham and Brown) or the rustic wooden oar (spectacular garage sale find) in her remodeled entryway.

design-happens_a-beach-cottage-watering-can

design-happens_a-beach-cottage-entryway

The Top Posts section showcases her most popular projects, finds and posts in one easy-access spot. She allows readers to copy her gorgeous decor through tutorials, like this vintage bus sign how-to. Take a walk through her cozy cottage on the before and after home tour, which proves every space has the potential for absolute beauty. With each post you’ll find yourself falling more in love with white…and white’s never looked so good.

design-happens_a-beach-cottage-sarah

Sarah recently revealed some exciting news — A Beach Cottage will soon open its own online store called the Beach Cottage Coastal Flea Market.

For a vintage fix, check out A Beach Cottage’s flickr page.

1. Michele Kacir says:

I want to enter the contest to win the kids art…please send me an entry form. Thank you.

2. Pamela LaBanca says:

I have been following Sarah since 2009. Her photos and writings are the best, go have a look for yourself.

3. Cottage Gal says:

You couldn't have picked a better blog of the week! Sarah has sensational style and her easy writing style & sense of humor never disappoint. Well done!

4. Angie Smith says:

Sarah is like a breath of fresh air in her decorating style and her blogging. Just so down to earth and attainable for us all ! I visit her site every morning as I have my tea ! Thanks for featuring her.

5. Norell says:

One of the first things I read each morning. Sarah is awesome and her blog is the best.

6. Debbie says:

I love her blog and follow along each day. It's a simple way to have a daily escape. Congrats to her. And you made a great choice in showcasing her amazing blog.

7. desiree says:

Well done on picking Sarah s blog , I once did a guest post at her blog ;) I love the way she renovated the place on a low cost level , good and inspirational for many readers.

I am gonna find out what other blogs were your choice , thanks
    Desiree

8. Felicity says:

Love this blog!

9. Susan says:

Couldn't have picked a nicer person. Been following Sarah since 2009 and she never disappoints. Wonderful ideas and everyone of us can do what Sarah does. Well done

10. Alicia says:

Sarah has done some fabulous projects but I always get the impression that her blog consumes her life, it all seems so contrived. I now gravitate to the blogs that show heart, IYKWIM

Alicia