This week we’ve partnered with Novica, an online fair-trade marketplace that works with artisans in developing nations to bring handmade, quality products to consumers. As part of the National Geographic family, Novica has helped over 50,000 people in developing countries by not only selling their wares at real world prices, but also giving them special recognition on the website.

design-happens_novica-vase453x400

Novica has selected the beautiful “Verdant Volcano” hand-blown vase for this week’s giveaway. This vase was hand blown by Murano artisans in Brazil. Murano is a type of glass blowing that was brought to South America via Italian immigrants.

To win this beautiful vase, just answer this week’s question before 12/11c, Monday, September 6. Be sure to include a valid email address so we can contact you.

This week’s question: If you could decorate your home in the style of one country what would it be?

Click for official rules.

Freebies, Handmade, World

1. Cynthia says:

Beautiful vase! I would decorate my home in the style of Italy.

2. C??? says:

Beautiful vase, and great story. My answer. France

3. AZPeaks says:

There are so many answers to the question. When in Europe, I loved the wonderful chalet style in Switzerland. The furniture welcomed you into a room and you just wanted to snuggle up in a warm blanket to sit back and watch the crackling fire. A hot cup of cocoa with some fresh cream topped it off.

4. Dorothy Wilbur says:

An exquisite vase….would look beautiful catching my Florida sunshine. Decorate my home? Can't beat tropical like part of the good old USA…Florida.

5. demdare says:

It is great to see a company, Novica, that is about more than the bottom line. The vase is beautiful, and I would decorate my home in the style of Italy.

6. Sandra Carr says:

It is Gorgous very much artistic and I would decorate my home in a very colorful, yet artisticly inclined I love art, I Love Mi. and look at the Mountians, the Forest, and the Ocean and feel like I am in the outdoors. What country I believe since I havent been anywhere the Wonderful USA! Michigan is Beautiful has all the seasons.<3

7. kbfenner says:

I love the vase!
    I'd decorate my home in the style of Canada! It's a really cool place with wide open spaces, beautiful cities with great architecture and the nicest people around. It's Zen writ large!

8. Narra says:

India. So many colors included with the right balance makes it more lively.

9. Stephanie says:

I love vintage French style! This vase is definitely amazing!

10. l3tlj0b says:

I would choose Japan because I love the simplicity of Japanese design. It allows the viewer to rest the eye on one or two prominent pieces such as the Novica vase featured in this week's contest.

• If you can tie a knot, then these flowy cafe curtains will

• Transform ordinary draperies into the exact look you want

• Add an unexpected aspect to your window treatments by using

• Use your basic painting skills to add a vintage feel to