This week we’ve partnered with Novica, an online fair-trade marketplace that works with artisans in developing nations to bring handmade, quality products to consumers. As part of the National Geographic family, Novica has helped over 50,000 people in developing countries by not only selling their wares at real world prices, but also giving them special recognition on the website.

design-happens_novica-vase453x400

Novica has selected the beautiful “Verdant Volcano” hand-blown vase for this week’s giveaway. This vase was hand blown by Murano artisans in Brazil. Murano is a type of glass blowing that was brought to South America via Italian immigrants.

To win this beautiful vase, just answer this week’s question before 12/11c, Monday, September 6. Be sure to include a valid email address so we can contact you.

This week’s question: If you could decorate your home in the style of one country what would it be?

Click for official rules.

Freebies, Handmade, World

1. kirbyjmom says:

I traveled to Poland14 years ago and fell in love with the beautiful handblown glass. Because this vase reminds me of my time there, I would decorate in the Polish style.

2. Elizabeth says:

I would love to decorate my house in an Irish design. I would use dark woods, greens & golds. Maybe a Guinness sign hanging up on the wall.

3. Samuel says:

Japan, no doubt. I would have rice paper doors, a Bonzai tree, and some paper lanterns just to name a few things.

4. drbooboo97 says:

I would definitely decorate in Moroccan style. I love the glass, the tiles, and rugs. So beautiful.

5. hilary says:

that is gorgeous. i would pick old world Italian country.

6. Joan says:

Beautiful Murano vase! I would decorate my home in French Country.

7. Gujone says:

This vase is beautiful! I would love to go tropical with my decor. Bali in Texas!

8. Sharon says:

This is a gorgeous vase. If I could redesign my home I would choose British Caribbean. I love the rattan and wicker mixed with the dark rich furniture pieces.

9. Laura Collins says:

America! I would decorate my home in the style of the Northwest American Indians. They use natural textures, rock formations, sweeping linear designs and dramatic contrasting shades of black and white accented with vibrant reds, turquise and blues. I would incorporate beautiful handwoven woven rugs on hardwood floors, tall spacious glass windows with breath taking views of nature.

• Organization: DIY Children’s Clothing Rack