This week we’ve partnered with Novica, an online fair-trade marketplace that works with artisans in developing nations to bring handmade, quality products to consumers. As part of the National Geographic family, Novica has helped over 50,000 people in developing countries by not only selling their wares at real world prices, but also giving them special recognition on the website.

design-happens_novica-vase453x400

Novica has selected the beautiful “Verdant Volcano” hand-blown vase for this week’s giveaway. This vase was hand blown by Murano artisans in Brazil. Murano is a type of glass blowing that was brought to South America via Italian immigrants.

To win this beautiful vase, just answer this week’s question before 12/11c, Monday, September 6. Be sure to include a valid email address so we can contact you.

This week’s question: If you could decorate your home in the style of one country what would it be?

Click for official rules.

Freebies, Handmade, World

1. Meekstar says:

Definitely the style of Italy — subtle, elegant, classic.

2. playspicc says:

So beautiful! I would choose the melting pot of the USA allowing for a blend of styles in my home.

3. Heather says:

Italy. I love the warm, rich colors of both the country and the culture, emphasis on family, and emphasis on hospitality. Sums up my desire for the look of my home! Beautiful, welcoming, and comfortable to welcome guests into.

4. onepotato1614 says:

love the colors in the vase; it does look molten. Thailand style. Natural simple serene beauty

5. Janet says:

I have always been fascinated by glass of all types. I love all the colors as they make you feel alive. I honestly cannot choose a particular country, as I find beauty in all of them. I guess if I have to select one, it would have to be right here in the US in my state of Georgia. As long as my decor is adorned with various pieces of glass, I will be content.

6. Gregory says:

Indeed, what a beautiful vase! It would be a welcome addition to an modern Italian themed decor.

7. Lawrence says:

Italy. Slightly modern interior with Italian style and shades, especially in the outdoor space.

8. 106 says:

The vase is the perfect expression of Maine, USA. Crisp fall watercolors in the vase are a beautiful expression of an early autumn mountain side in Maine. The vase is also representative of Tourmaline, the Maine state gem. The water drop shape expresses the natural Maine coast line, lakes and the meaning of water in the state.

9. Teva says:

I would decorate in traditional with chinese accents. Have been planning to redo television room in celedon green and this breath taking vase would be a big punch of color.

10. Nicki says:

Italy! Modern and sleek with traditional elements and beautiful colors.

• Chosen for its antiqued black finish, this entry console

• Everyday objects can become focal points in your bathroom

• A footed dish elevates the mundane and frees up counter

• We all collect something, from salt and pepper shakers to