This week we’ve partnered with Novica, an online fair-trade marketplace that works with artisans in developing nations to bring handmade, quality products to consumers. As part of the National Geographic family, Novica has helped over 50,000 people in developing countries by not only selling their wares at real world prices, but also giving them special recognition on the website.

design-happens_novica-vase453x400

Novica has selected the beautiful “Verdant Volcano” hand-blown vase for this week’s giveaway. This vase was hand blown by Murano artisans in Brazil. Murano is a type of glass blowing that was brought to South America via Italian immigrants.

To win this beautiful vase, just answer this week’s question before 12/11c, Monday, September 6. Be sure to include a valid email address so we can contact you.

This week’s question: If you could decorate your home in the style of one country what would it be?

Click for official rules.

Freebies, Handmade, World

1. Joe says:

Bermuda!!! I really like this vase and would incorporate each color in my new townhouse when painting my open living room/dining room.

2. Rita says:

I would use Italy as my style inspiration. I especially love Italian tilework. I've always been a fan of Murano glass, and this piece is just amazing.

3. Barbara says:

I would choose Jamacia, the dark woods, the carved and caned furniture, the flowing draperies and shutters. Heavy in an earthbound way, but still airy. Sturdy and comfortable suitable for hot weather, this style moved into the southeastern US and gave us gracious homes with wide porches..

4. Christie says:

Mexico. So bright and warm.

5. Susan P. says:

I would have to say New Zealand or Italy.

6. Jennifer says:

A Vietnamese style of decorating would suit both the vase and my personal inclinations. It is very clean and streamlined, without excessive ornamentation.

7. Brodyboy says:

It would have to be France.

8. Ellen says:

Japan!

9. Larry Heiser says:

Good looking vase. Engiish homes- they have a lived in feeling. So England

10. tgriffin6 says:

This vase is stunning! I can see it in avariety of styles, including modern, contemporary, and urban. The primary inspiration I feel from this vase is reminiscent of Lous Comfort Tiffany, and early American styles. I am decorating my home in an eclectic style including urban and American Arts and Crafts.

• This distressed vanity nook offers a fusion of timeless

• Brighten up a work space with vintage-inspired furniture

• High ceilings do wonders for a living room.

• White traditional kitchen with farmhouse sink and picture