This week we’ve partnered with Novica, an online fair-trade marketplace that works with artisans in developing nations to bring handmade, quality products to consumers. As part of the National Geographic family, Novica has helped over 50,000 people in developing countries by not only selling their wares at real world prices, but also giving them special recognition on the website.

design-happens_novica-vase453x400

Novica has selected the beautiful “Verdant Volcano” hand-blown vase for this week’s giveaway. This vase was hand blown by Murano artisans in Brazil. Murano is a type of glass blowing that was brought to South America via Italian immigrants.

To win this beautiful vase, just answer this week’s question before 12/11c, Monday, September 6. Be sure to include a valid email address so we can contact you.

This week’s question: If you could decorate your home in the style of one country what would it be?

Click for official rules.

Freebies, Handmade, World

1. Laura says:

I love that vase! It's beautiful! If I had to pick a place to design my house after, I would pick Australia :)

2. Val says:

The vase is gorgeous!!! I would definitely go with Tropical…

3. schelle32109 says:

India/Spain. I love rich vibrant colors. The vase is beautiful!

4. annaleaf says:

I love the vase & my home would be Art Nouveau.

5. Melissa P says:

Probably France, although I love the style of American mid-century modern, too.

6. Tough question. I'd have to go with the United States, because there are so many different styles to choose from — Art Deco and Mid Century Modern being 2 of my favorites.

7. Barbara says:

Love the vase…I would go with a Caribbean theme… light and breezy.

8. tbaker5 says:

I would definitely choose Italy, the colors, the art, and the Mirano glass are awesome!

9. KPVirginia says:

I would have to go with Bali! I love the island, tropical look from many locals but I love the Balinese use of beautiful wood.

10. Denise says:

I love the colors and vibrancy of the Italian vineyards – Tuscany country. It's reflected in the beautiful colors of the Novica vase!

• Sweet and Savory #Easter Recipes