This week we’ve partnered with Novica, an online fair-trade marketplace that works with artisans in developing nations to bring handmade, quality products to consumers. As part of the National Geographic family, Novica has helped over 50,000 people in developing countries by not only selling their wares at real world prices, but also giving them special recognition on the website.

design-happens_novica-vase453x400

Novica has selected the beautiful “Verdant Volcano” hand-blown vase for this week’s giveaway. This vase was hand blown by Murano artisans in Brazil. Murano is a type of glass blowing that was brought to South America via Italian immigrants.

To win this beautiful vase, just answer this week’s question before 12/11c, Monday, September 6. Be sure to include a valid email address so we can contact you.

This week’s question: If you could decorate your home in the style of one country what would it be?

Click for official rules.

Freebies, Handmade, World

1. Andrea says:

Definitely Swedish!

2. Andrea says:

Greece! Beautiful colors and textures.

3. SPT says:

I love Italian styles. However, I'd stray from the typical Tuscan (despite how beautiful it is), and go for the bright blues, greens, and purples from the Amalfi Coast.

4. Jennifer says:

I love the rustic and organic elements of the design in Mexico, paired with bold pops of color and unexpected (recycled) materials it is by far what inspires my husband and I in our plans for our home.

5. kattmandu says:

There are so many great choices …but I think my long term choice would be Italy from the southern area.

6. Andie says:

Love the vase! I would let the amalfi coast (Italy) be my inspiration to decorate my entire house. You can't beat the colors and romanticism.

7. kcpamp says:

Love the vase. For designing my house I would have to go with southern France as my inspiration.

8. Lianne says:

If I could decorate my home in any style of one country it would be Persia. The gorgeous marble work, spectacular & vibrant caligraphy art, and beautiful patterned hand woven caprets pulled together into my warm & inviting "home sweet home" is a dream of mine.

9. K O'Shea says:

My design ideas would come from the creative people of the Ukraine!
    My best friend just returned from a once-in-a-lifetime trip there. She shared her photos (all 600 of them!) with me, and I was really shocked to learn how visually beautiful Kiev is!!
    Colors are boldly used on public buildings. For example, one University building was the most lucious red/orange you ever saw! It reminded me of a 'blood' orange, but even more intense! There's also much gold, and intense blues on buildings (reminding me of Aruba). Ukrainians are famous for their gorgeous use of color in their embroidery and pysanky (decorated Easter eggs), but to learn that the idea is carried through to buildings was delightfully shocking to me!
    Ukrainians are obviously not afraid to express themselves with color. Neither is the designer of the vase, which is also awesome.

10. Cecilia says:

The Hawaiian culture of the islands, USA! I love the casual outdoor style, the cool, relaxing ocean colors, and the feeling of family…and of course, take your shoes off :-)

• Dining Room Definition - Ask Genevieve - Episode 4

• Feminine wallpaper and white wicker hang out in this lovely

• There's no confusion about what goes in this basket

• Learn all about knobs and pulls from #VernYip in